Android Easy Backup alternative

For years now, I had been using Easy Backup & Restore, which was quite perfect for my needs. It could backup and restore apps, SMS, MMS, call log, calendar, bookmarks, dictionary and contacts. Further, the contact list could be exported to your mail, like Gmail, where contacts would be available in HTML format, which was readable. Same with SMS and call logs.

Today, I was looking to install this app on another phone, but I noticed it's not available on Play Store anymore.

So, now I am looking for a backup app as good as Easy Backup & Restore, which could show the backups or export them in a readable format. I mainly want to backup contacts, sms and call logs.

I searched for "best backup and restore android", and found several articles with various apps, and I tested and found 2 of them to be useful:

App/SMS/Contact - Backup & Restore
Super Backup & Restore

First one works very nicely.

Super Backup works too, but I noticed that when I restored the SMS, they were not in the correct order.

While these are useful, and serve the purpose, both of them do not provide export for files, which can be viewed in a readable format, because I want to be able to read them on my PC.

I will continue to search for another app, which will be suitable for what I need. If I find it, I will post it here. Meanwhile, what apps do you use? Suggestions are welcome.

If you are specifically looking to backup sms and logs then look no further than smsbackup+. For everything else google sync does the job esp. for contacts, calendar and app data etc.
Still i always export a local contacts file coz google has this nasty habit of messing with contacts as even after successful sync some contacts go missing.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had come across the app you suggested, but did not try it. I will try it, and then let you know.

I like to keep local backup, rather than relying on Google sync, or on some cloud site (which I don't trust and don't feel safe with). With a local backup, I can keep a copy on phone, and also transfer it to PC, for backup.

My phone has been giving trouble recently, and therefore, I thought of having an old phone as a backup. That's why I needed a backup app to transfer the contacts, call logs and sms.

BTW, I found the latest apk of Easy Backup & Restore from its home site, and was able to install it on the other phone. Was able to successfully restore contacts, call logs and SMS, but again, this app too restores SMS in reverse order, that is, oldest first. So, I might have to try another app for SMS.

Btw super backup sucks and messes all sms. Have tried it.

Yes, you are correct. I had the same experience.[DOUBLEPOST=1525670702][/DOUBLEPOST]I tried SMS Backup+, but it isnt for me. It sends the backup over mail, but I want local storage.

Last edited:
Back