Dual SIM, GPRS, NO CAM, <2k Budget

MHG

Adept
This is for a friend of mine.

I've a Nokia 2323 which meets the required specifications, but this friend of mine needs something similar but Dual SIM.

Looking at new sasta Indian Co's which seem to have a lot of these phones. 2k budget is including tax and vat. Lower the better since its a secondary phone.

did u find the software fast enough ? try typing msg , letters come after some time . even when music is playing , os becomes laggy . not sure in qt44 but most cheap spice have this issue .

Still can't find a proper user experience. I just want to know two things:

1) What is the default browser like ?
2) Does it support Java apps, specifically Opera Mini ?

Optionally if the answer to Question 2 is yes, I would also like to know the maximum JAR and HEAP sizes supported.

C2 has VGA, i had videocon 1302 but they are very brittle, it fell just once and its screen cracked. any other model?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

E1252 Samsung has both but donno if its GSM GSM active. how to check that?

I have similar requirements, but my budget is around 3k-3.5k. Nokia preferred but other suggestions are also welcome. Can anyone help me out?

Suggestions are also welcome for phones without Dual SIMs within the budget I've mentioned, I am still contemplating on the idea of whether I should get a Dual SIM phone or not.

Emperor said:
Read about "E1252 Samsung" comments here, as per there comments it's NOT dual-active sim.
E1252 does not have sim shift key...E1225 on the other hand is DUal Shift

The E1252 comes with easy-to-use Dual SIM management interface that lets you set different themes for easy SIM identification. It works on dual RF system so each band can be operated separately and simultaneously. The phone can also automatically switch to an appropriate provider thus negating any accidental roaming charges.

Back