Video DTH Guide with Indian perspective

WTF!!! you'd get an 21' akai TV for 4k

I don't understand why you are cribbing. DTH is the stepping stone for pay-per-view shows, movies on demand, and interactive TV (maybe some of it is already implemented yet). How can you have this unless each TV is directly connected to the service?

zhopudey said:
I don't understand why you are cribbing. DTH is the stepping stone for pay-per-view shows, movies on demand, and interactive TV (maybe some of it is already implemented yet). How can you have this unless each TV is directly connected to the service?

i think you dint get it ,well i was saying that say peeps have 4 tv's in thier house now wouldnt it be a costly affair
every tv will need a box each 4*4000+200+100+100+100 =16500
16k for cable come on man :p

techno_funky said:
i think you dint get it ,well i was saying that say peeps have 4 tv's in thier house now wouldnt it be a costly affair

Just wait for a while and give those guys some time. It will come down gradually as the DTH penetrates across the country.

Im sure the cable CAS will b a cheaper option, but the cable guy has worst quality. They seem to use the worst quality cables and hence the clarity just sucks!! Have heard some place that it'll cost Rs.5/- per channel.

sunbiz_3000 said:
Im sure the cable CAS will b a cheaper option, but the cable guy has worst quality. They seem to use the worst quality cables and hence the clarity just sucks!! Have heard some place that it'll cost Rs.5/- per channel.
CAS will be far better than what we get currently from Cable operators as that's also digital. Yes 5 rupees have been set for per pay channel and 77 rupees for all FTA channels. Read Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > Pay channels fixed at Rs 5/ each in CAS regime for more

techno_funky said:
Thats what I'm saying. :p TVs will no longer be just dumb displays, hence each TV will need individual connection. So, the high cost is obvious.

What I'm hoping is, as there is no subscriber under-declaration problem in DTH, as more and more people jump on the bandwagon, costs should hopefully come down :D
Edit: And, its 16500 only for the first month, and just 700p.m. after that.

anand_chris said:
u know guys there is way to hack this set top box and get other channels also like adult ones etc....
a list of sites

NSS 6 at 95.0°E - LyngSat [for satellite which airs other channels also]

Portal MyDreamTV.COM :: Dream Satellite TV - Dream Satellite Television

Satellite internet service providers worldwide - Satellite Signals Ltd

Satellites
andy
Don't think if the ones from Dish TV and Tata Sky can be modded. But the more generic ones can be used to view other FTA channels.

This is the best DTH guide in Indian context- i was wanting to put up a DTH dish on my apple orchard and my confusion has been totally cleared- it has to be a Dish TV.

If you go with a DTH provider, is the picture aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9?

Also, can the signal be routed through an HTPC should I chose to set one up. Ive read that cards based on ATI's 550 and 650 chipsets are available in India and will probably be what I use.

Im not sure if this would work but if you could hook one of these up to your system it would be awesome.

^^It will be 4:3 not 16:9.

I am not too sure about this but i believe you can do that.But you may have to pay Rs.100 for the second connection.Anyway why don't you call up tata sky and confirm this??? And post back!
Where are you getting the Slingbox from????

Back