Drinking water buying bangalore request

RajeshJ

Disciple
Sorry, this thread is not about health, but could not find any other topics /Non tech zone

After moving to Bangalore i find many packaged drinking water but some of their packing look trash, and scared to buy

So if you are staying here in bangalore kindly suggest good packaged drinking water

Railway 1ltr water cost 15rs

1 local guy say 50ltr bottle cost 30 Rs (but i rejected cause bottle looks muddy and water was not looking good

Kindly suggest urgently

After trying many vendors (both local and big ones like Anytime and Bisleri), I finally gave up and bought a Kent RO system for about 15k. Bottled water is crap-shoot. I have found insects/larvae inside them.

After trying many vendors (both local and big ones like Anytime and Bisleri), I finally gave up and bought a Kent RO system for about 15k. Bottled water is crap-shoot. I have found insects/larvae inside them.
Completely agree - an RO system is the best option. Don't trust these lousy water cans long term.

I live in whitefield where the water from borewells is pathetic - extremely hard and has a bad taste. I use the RO water for cooking as well. Only recently did we get kaveri water but to be honest that is not significantly better either.

Sorry for mild hijacking...

Ok... I live near that region too..
Planning for a RO system..
What about the maintainence cost and running cost..
I'm staying in a sort of villa & all the supplies are my own.. (Means no water treatment, own borewell etc..)

Sorry for mild hijacking...

Ok... I live near that region too..
Planning for a RO system..
What about the maintainence cost and running cost..
I'm staying in a sort of villa & all the supplies are my own.. (Means no water treatment, own borewell etc..)

The AMC costs in the region of 4k per year. Alternatively you can buy the filters after market for around 2k. Requires changing every 2 years or so depending on consumption.

Water will automatically stop when the RO filter life is over.

I stay near marathahalli area. I have a borewell and get hard water. I have Kent RO Purifier which I used with the borewell water. It completely damaged the product. Now that I get Cauvery water, I have reinstalled the RO Purifier and feel safe with cauvery water. Apparently, from what I found many people in my surroundings have done that and no one has complained yet. Now, we are constructing another house, were I have a separate sump of 1500L escavated for cauvery water in the new house.

such a disgrace for india... we want to be economic superpower but don't have potable water supply even in the cities. :p

i spent a couple of months in bangalore and came back with tattered clothes.

such a disgrace for india... we want to be economic superpower but don't have potable water supply even in the cities. :p

i spent a couple of months in bangalore and came back with tattered clothes.

Thats nothing.
Some North Indians spend a couple of months in Maharashtra and come back in body bags.

Call up Bisleri. They will give you the number of nearest official supplier of 20 L bottles.
I did this in Delhi.
Cost: Rs 80 per bottle

Back