DOTA 2 - Discussion Thread

^^ Dude, I need to figure out the game, I have only seen maybe one or two videos'

and right now the other game is takin' my bandwidth. After its done, I will start on this....

Are you new to Dota? Stick to Co-op with bots then. The Dota community is one of the most elitist communities in gaming, very noob unfriendly.

The problem with dota is there is very less chance for a team to win even if they have one noob. Every death/kill hits very hard. Lol is very much forgiving in that sense. Dota chance of comebacks are very less. This makes the community very mad when they see any kinda noob behavior. But i will not advice co-op vs bots, its much harder than playing against other human players
<

Bots don't flame. When I was learning Dota I found it was easier dying 10 times to bots than being flamed by the so called pros. But I have noticed that there a lot of beginners in Dota 2, which should keep the trashtalk to a minimum. I also found that European players a lot nicer than the Asian "know-it-alls".

Haha, yeah, the comment about it being "elitist communities in gaming, very noob unfriendly" is very very apt. Unfortunately, dota2 doesnt give you any offline practice option, so you have to sweat it out with other humans even if playing vs bots. But I have seen games where even if 2 players have left, the other 2 (besides me) have single handedly taken care of the entire other team. And this is when I agree that bots are quite badass and difficult to play with in dota2

Also, if noob stick to playing support heroes as then there is less of an issue if you suck. Picking a carry and sucking means gg right there at hero picks.

I prefer playing support when i dont want the entire team pressure on me and rather just enjoy the game babysitting the carry and buying courier/warding etc.

In case any one has an extra invite, I'd love to relieve them off it
<
Just message me if you feel like it, also if you want I have a TL invite which I'm willing to part with.

Cheers

f you want I have a TL invite which I'm willing to part with.

Cheers

??Whats that??

Let me know I might be interested in a trade...

60 hours in I think I am learning one hero, the SNIPER, any recommendations for

good starting ranged heros....?

I love the bloodseeker though but m not good at meelee right now,

so sticking to ranged for a bit

The most noob friendly heroes are Leoric, Dragon Knight, Lich. Drow's silence is very important and she is a squishy hero, so not so noob friendly.

Back