Doom 4 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatter

Skilled
Doom again

Id announces Doom 4... production has already begun.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The company is looking to expand its team because Doom 4 needs "the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry" Developers can submit their resumes at Id website.

Official announcement:

Production has begun on DOOM 4â„¢, the next journey into the legendary DOOM universe. We are expanding our internal team and are currently hiring to work on this highly anticipated title.

"DOOM is part of the id Software DNA and demands the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry to bring the next installment of our flagship franchise to Earth," said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. "It's critical for id Software to have the best creative minds in-house to develop games that meet the standards synonymous with our titles."

Link: id Software

Re: Doom again

I hope it isn't as crap as Doom 3. I wish Id would concentrate on their gameplay for once, instead of just going after the game engine. Everybody already knows they are kings of that...

I loved the DOOM3 demo! Not entirely the gameplay itself (not into gaming that much these days) but the slow-moving monsters (textures/bump maps etc) were awesome to drool over :) Can't wait to see how 4 turns out... looking at the Rage videos, I think it can only be good (graphically speaking).

Hey...

Doom 3 is a great game. My definite pick over hl2 and farcry.Awesome trio of those times.

Can't wait for 4...:drool:

+1 for Doom3. Loved the game. Sure gameplay may have been rehashed :p but I enjoyed it thoroughly. From the freakishly scary sounds to the maps to the damn...when is this gonna end feeling after the hell level.

hey d00m 3 is not a crap game....it is really nice game....i enjoyed playing every bit of it...not mention scared too.....hehe....good to hear that DOOM 4 is upcoming...wonder wat wud be its min reqs

Lets see what breakthru they come up with this one....Doom 3 was awesome for h/w testing for a long time....

yey for doom.

doom is one of the favourite games.

Doom 3 was not exactly a groundbreaking game as it was projected to be
It disappointed on repetitive level design but graphics and environment effects were awesome

Hope it comes to PC first, we don't want a dumbed down console port.

YEAH!! so DOOM is not doomed .......it was very good game..........it is for sure that it is going to b graphically intensive and very atmospheric ........may b some more bits of game play......

Man... I loved Doom3. Agreed, that the gameplay wasn't groundbreaking and level design specially got fairly repetitive. But it was fun, mainly because of good graphics and amazing sound design. I could say that sound designing was on par with FEAR. It was really a fun playing late night with lights off and surround sound cranked up.

But, even since I've played Gears of War... all other FPS have started feeling like crap to me (except Q3 offcourse). I tried playing FC, HL2 (it's still some fun, only because of gravity gun).. and I couldn't have as much fun as it was before. So in short, I hope ID works on their gameplay... or else it would turn out to be just another eyecandy like Quake4 (seriously, Quake4 couldn't deliver the fun I had with Quake2).

^^Gears of war wasn't an FPS. It was a very good shooter but not in the same category as DOOm...I found DOOM3 very good for the first few levels..But after that it was ver repetitive....

I have to admit having played Doom III that it was the scariest game I've played till date.The sound was downright horrific & graphics still look stunning.Given that gameplay was nothing new but still the game had an experience of it's own.I hope they make this as good,if not better,than Doom III.:hap2:

scarezebra said:
Gears of war wasn't an FPS.

Agreed... it wasn't exactly a FPS, it was TPS (third person shooter). But it was shooter game nevertheless. :)

Freefrag said:
well i just hope they don't release a sequel to the movie also

Actually, after seeing the movie second time... I think it wasn't so bad as movie itself. They didn't follow exact storyline from game, but instead decided to opt for similar story with certain changes. It would have been fun though it they have been honest to the game, but the movie was decent itself if you keep the game out of equation. :)

Ah good ol' Doom. Can't wait for 2018 when there'll be a Doom 4 emu out on our phones.

In fact, IMNSHO, graphics of the 4 yr old DOOM 3 look better than current Unreal Engine 3 based games like UT3 and BioShock :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back