Don't buy Idea's 1.5GB per day plan.

Regardless of how good Idea plan sound, I don't think that getting an Idea 4G is such a good idea now. Their business were failing massively and now seeking to merge with Vodafone. Till that happens I wouldn't count so much on their services and quality. My primary number is still Idea though. I keep it only for important bank and other official contacts. I don't use their data pack. Just validity recharges :D
I bought airtel's 2GB/day plan for 82 days at 499. There is no way to tell how long it lasts or how many days remaining. So i just added a reminder to the calendar to remind me a day before it expires.
I've been using Airtel for about a year now. In fact my curent plan is the same as yours rs.499. And I can assure you that the validity is accurate. Airtel will also warn you through SMS when you're nearing the expiry date. You can also check balance via the Airtel app but I don't use it (who does lol).

Nobody uses their app and i don't want something constantly running. They did send me SMS messages but it wasn't clear earlier when the plan would expire. The messages would come a few days earlier and i don't think if you recharge immediately whether any balance gets carried forward. No, your new plan starts immediately and you lost any days left on the previous

one thing i noticed is oneplus 6 had an update to work with Idea VOLTE. Is Idea on VOLTE only ? that means 4G won't work unless the phone can understand Idea's VOLTE

Does not explain why 3G doesn't work so....

VOLTE is only for voice calls over LTE. if you have no volte , you can still receive data.

For OP, the problem is the signal quality on 4G. you should select your phone to work in only 4G/LTE mode and do proper speed analysis.

Back