Health & Fitness Do you trust Patanjali products ? Please think twice!

Amway products are good and organic no doubt but a common man cannot afford them. When it began as a popular household biz almost 12-15yrs ago people got greedy thinking of the chain biz involved in it and they used to involve and approach anyone like beggars with something which starts as a dreamers discussion over a cup of coffee and then gradually pushing your biz thoughts and forcing the opposite to somehow join under them to grow that chain. Many fell prey but those who were firm on resistance either won the war by loosing good relationship with the Amway person or won on that part too.

I remember I was approached by my internet wala, local cable walla, regular postman guy, few in my bldg, some from colony. I kept rejecting everyone's proposal.
And you know our parents, sometimes to save their face they tell us to at least try before arriving at any decisions.
I told mom "I dont want to take up something which I really cannot do. Thats not my job... marketing and selling really?? Not my cup of tea. I'm an IT person.
And even if I sign up for an yrly membership we not gonna afford those products right?
So why grew that persons chain for free and for no use.
If the persons sole intension is biz and if he wants to spoil yrs of relations with us on some amways basis then hell with such people. We dont need them either."
8 yrs later my aunt joined amway and I must say she had made on hell of a biz. She earns like anything. We do need only handful or say rare items and we approach her. Makes sense. My wife also started joining my aunt's chain but as said its not everybody's cup of tea so she kept buying for us without growing chain and finally the membership ceased and we never renewed.

Hmm.. You're probably right.. all companies do that directly indirectly....
No man. Any reputed company will have basic salary plus sales commission for their sales people. Ofcourse their boss will encourage to sell more but even if a sales person doesn't sell one month, he'll get this base salary plus whatever commission he earns

But in MLMs, the company will sell you its products and then your upline will encourage you sell more. Ofcourse if you don't manage to sell well, company will not take back its products. In the comany's mind, amway here in this case, the actual customers of its products are the "distributors" under it

Amway products are good and organic no doubt but a common man cannot afford them. When it began as a popular household biz almost 12-15yrs ago people got greedy thinking of the chain biz involved in it and they used to involve and approach anyone like beggars with something which starts as a dreamers discussion over a cup of coffee and then gradually pushing your biz thoughts and forcing the opposite to somehow join under them to grow that chain. Many fell prey but those who were firm on resistance either won the war by loosing good relationship with the Amway person or won on that part too.

I remember I was approached by my internet wala, local cable walla, regular postman guy, few in my bldg, some from colony. I kept rejecting everyone's proposal.
And you know our parents, sometimes to save their face they tell us to at least try before arriving at any decisions.
I told mom "I dont want to take up something which I really cannot do. Thats not my job... marketing and selling really?? Not my cup of tea. I'm an IT person.
And even if I sign up for an yrly membership we not gonna afford those products right?
So why grew that persons chain for free and for no use.
If the persons sole intension is biz and if he wants to spoil yrs of relations with us on some amways basis then hell with such people. We dont need them either."
8 yrs later my aunt joined amway and I must say she had made on hell of a biz. She earns like anything. We do need only handful or say rare items and we approach her. Makes sense. My wife also started joining my aunt's chain but as said its not everybody's cup of tea so she kept buying for us without growing chain and finally the membership ceased and we never renewed.
Did you even read the links I posted? Stop spreading this myth that amway products are good. Our own govt org fssai banned amway products over misleading claims and using wrong ingredients.

And Amway is started in 1959. not 12-15 years. Your aunt maybe one of the rare species making money off MLM since one has to gen in really early in MLM to make any decent money. Or she even might be lying because downlines are required to show off to entire new people into business. Still if you are amway "distributor", you have to keep on buying products from amway every month even if you manage to sell it or not. You are saying Aunt's chain. Yeah, classic pyramid scheme words. She bought for you even when your wife didnt grow her "chain" because amway distributors are required to purchase certain amount of amway products whether they manage to sell it or not

Hello read it properly. I never said Amway started 12-15yrs ago.
We never wanted to do biz but just buy their products for self consumption. Membership ceased and we never cared to renew.

Aunt is now in the royal earners group rank and why will she lie? She keeps receiving timely awards and recognitions and gets felicitate from amway. We have attended those ceremonies on many occasions.

Well if govt banned it why its still in hot biz even today? People esp. females can be seen discussing as well as selling them inside mncs too. from desk to desk. Now all of them cannot be fools right?

Another hot selling chain biz is Oriflame.

Btw in India you can't ban anything and the moment anything is banned it selles even hotter.
Well why blame or ban overseas cos, Our own daily milk should be banned isnt it? It is full of adulteration. Then why this basic thing cannot be banned? Coz all the politico line up earns from it?

To conclude, jusy coz you got duped or were not able to grow the chain doesn't mean others could not do it. These things require technics, convincing power, follow ups as well. Not everybody's cup of tea unless you are ready to go that extra mile.

I'm not defending my aunt or Amway. I personally used very few products and they were good but costly of course.
People still but it like anything. Their offices esl during weekend are jam packed just like we do weekend shopping in malls same rush can be seen in Amway centers too.

And as from end customers pov you must have the courage to reject such proposals rather than falling for it or from being a easy prey and then blaming shaming crying and accusing.

Last edited:
I also feel people expect a lot when they join Amway. One has to do a lot more than they think to achieve what they desire ... usually.

Patanjali has been able to steal consumers from established brands by pricing their products lower. They were able to do that because they are registered as a charitable trust and don't pay any taxes on their profits. So people blindly buying stuff because it is swadeshi have no foot to stand on. Even other companies are producing locally and with new reforms, will be made to pay the appropriate taxes in India.
Also, there is news that Patanjali might now become a for-profit company. Seems to be a brilliant strategy. Acquire market share by not paying any taxes and then become a for-profit company so that all the shareholders can finally enjoy the money. They have recently been given around 20 acre land in Himachal on a 100 year lease for Re 1. The earlier congress govt had asked for either 1cr a year or a lump-sump amount of around 30cr,which would have been chump change for Patanjali. They still didn't pay and as soon as BJP govt came, they passed Patanjali's request. I have heard they pay good rates to farmers. I am going to grow turmeric next year. Let's see how much truth is there in their claim. I don't have high hopes.

Another mentality was inspite of paying for foreign brands why not trust BLINDLY our desi chors.
Sasta hai acha hai aur apne hi baba ka hai.

He might be talking about normal FMCG toothpaste like colgate/dabur etc in which case, he's true since most of the tooth paste contain flurodies and foaming agents at core. Whitening tooth paste contain abrasives/ teeth strengthening toothpastes contain calcium which deposit on teeth but they wash away easily so no effect.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Glister-a-better-toothpaste-than-Colgate

https://www.mouthshut.com/review/Glister-Toothpaste-review-srsnpppun

Amway has changed the abrasive in Glister from LS-928 to Sylodent, a silica abrasive. I am unaware how the Sylodent abrasive compares to other silica abrasive. Amway also changed Glister's product label from ''anti-plaque'' to ''multi-action'', although besides the new abrasive, the toothpaste formula contains ingredients found in all other common toothpastes: fluoride, SLS, sweetener, flavor.

So ignoring all that, if your dentist friend said that all toothpaste are equal, why are you spending 290rs for 190gm pack of toothpaste and supporting such shitty company? you're basically doing it for fragrance and taste right?

Yes he was talking about regular stuff. And yes, i don't use glister (even though i think it's better) because i think it's too expensive. Already said i use pep-G

Patanjali has been able to steal consumers from established brands by pricing their products lower. They were able to do that because they are registered as a charitable trust and don't pay any taxes on their profits. So people blindly buying stuff because it is swadeshi have no foot to stand on. Even other companies are producing locally and with new reforms, will be made to pay the appropriate taxes in India.
Also, there is news that Patanjali might now become a for-profit company. Seems to be a brilliant strategy. Acquire market share by not paying any taxes and then become a for-profit company so that all the shareholders can finally enjoy the money. They have recently been given around 20 acre land in Himachal on a 100 year lease for Re 1. The earlier congress govt had asked for either 1cr a year or a lump-sump amount of around 30cr,which would have been chump change for Patanjali. They still didn't pay and as soon as BJP govt came, they passed Patanjali's request. I have heard they pay good rates to farmers. I am going to grow turmeric next year. Let's see how much truth is there in their claim. I don't have high hopes.

Hey if anil can make rafales and adani can make drones then why not poor patanjali?? let them make money too!

Hello read it properly. I never said Amway started 12-15yrs ago.
We never wanted to do biz but just buy their products for self consumption. Membership ceased and we never cared to renew.
you read it properly. Its you who said it began in 12 years ago in post 42

congrats on your aunt's status. I guess everything is all right and other people can **** off as long as she's earning the dough ;)

According to amways own statement, avg income of IBO ( Independent Business Owners aka we're not resposible if any thing goes wrong) is 206$. So congrats to your aunts being one of few people to actually earn money from MLM. I guess she started amways long back .

https://www.mlmnewsreport.com/amway-review-scam-pyramid-scheme/amway-income-disclosure-statement/

Well if govt banned it why its still in hot biz even today? People esp. females can be seen discussing as well as selling them inside mncs too. from desk to desk. Now all of them cannot be fools right?
Those products banned are removed from the market. Other products made with normal ingredients are still legal to sell. Even I can sell a toothpaste with normal ingredients and govt cant stop me

So gotcha, if people in MNCs talk about it, it means its ethical. cool. I'll be sure to promote my tooth paste there.

To conclude, jusy coz you got duped or were not able to grow the chain doesn't mean others could not do it. These things require technics, convincing power, follow ups as well. Not everybody's cup of tea unless you are ready to go that extra mile.
This is another thing MLMs force! Why aren't you selling lipstick?! Sell more! network more! Its your fault. Nevermind that lipstick or in this case, amway products are not worth the money at all apart from few people who buy them for their smell and taste

I don't give a **** about amway but I try to educate people before they fall into such scams and lose their money. But its okay for you to support an unethical business as long as your aunt makes the dough I guess.

People still but it like anything. Their offices esl during weekend are jam packed just like we do weekend shopping in malls same rush can be seen in Amway centers too.
There is no dearth of idiots to find in 1.3 Billion population

you read it properly. Its you who said it began in 12 years ago in post 42
I said amway got popularised as homely biz 12-15yrs ago got it.

Now if it was popular even in 70 and 60s then I don't know nor care coz at least we heard about it then.

Also I dont understand your so much hate factor towards amway as if it has taken away your life earnings or caused some severe consequences on other part personally.

Anyways I dont care for it or any brand as everybody got his own experiences.

I said amway got popularised as homely biz 12-15yrs ago got it.

Now if it was popular even in 70 and 60s then I don't know nor care coz at least we heard about it then.

Also I dont understand your so much hate factor towards amway as if it has taken away your life earnings or caused some severe consequences on other part personally.

Anyways I dont care for it or any brand as everybody got his own experiences.
Ofcourse if patanjali makes money thru gullible people Its bad but If amway does the same, its good , as long as our aunt's pockets are being lined right?

Ofcourse if patanjali makes money thru gullible people Its bad but If amway does the same, its good , as long as our aunt's pockets are being lined right?
Dont mind but someone is so jealous of somebodys earnings.:p
Why you showing your jealousy by taunting or crying over somebodys aunts earnings??
Who has stopped you from doing business?
Why you acting like the only saint here?
You are free to do amway or patanjali or any xyz legal or illegal business.

And you have proved with your hatred that you indeed lost or say even got bankrupt due to amway . Its you yourself to be blamed here as you didnt had the capabilities to do the business and you simply lost. So rather than blaming the company blame yourself and you shitty decisions to go ahead with it for some greedy sums.

You got no right to taunt or point on someones relatives at least.
And keep your statistics and govt with you. We all know here what is our govt and what really it does.
Rather than rattling here why not go out and do some welfare work and get banned products which you personally feel are too bad and doesnt deserve here.

Sometimes I feel people like you who keep names to overseas products themselves are more interested in favoring patanjali no wonder how the product is. They just cant afford something they will badmouth and go the cheap way stating wow this is awesome.[DOUBLEPOST=1545041351][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are many who lost a lot of money because of Amway. Still their products rock. :)
Yes and such loosers keep ranting against that company as they really couldn't do anything but just cry and hate in a dark room or on some forums as they got no real guts to actually do something about their losses. Poor pitiful loosers.
The dont get the very basic business rule: Its a business, you make it or you loose it.

Last edited:
I trust them, helped to a great level to control diabetes/cholesterol/high blood pressure for few near/dear ones.
Where modern medicines failed, getting positive results now.. (3+ months usage).

I trust them, helped to a great level to control diabetes/cholesterol/high blood pressure for few near/dear ones.
Where modern medicines failed, getting positive results now.. (3+ months usage).
Good. Thats said everybody has their now experiences. Just because 100s out there feel patanjali is bad and then the 101st person will say it benefited him. So why the hatred?
I too dont like patanjali at all but there are people around me who have benefited from few of their products so I have no right to stop them from buying further or create a hate rate inside them. Great it works for them and not for me.
Its same like medicines, few work on some few doesnt.

Dont mind but someone is so jealous of somebodys earnings.:p
Why you showing your jealousy by taunting or crying over somebodys aunts earnings??
Who has stopped you from doing business?
Why you acting like the only saint here?
You are free to do amway or patanjali or any xyz legal or illegal business.

And you have proved with your hatred that you indeed lost or say even got bankrupt due to amway . Its you yourself to be blamed here as you didnt had the capabilities to do the business and you simply lost. So rather than blaming the company blame yourself and you shitty decisions to go ahead with it for some greedy sums.

You got no right to taunt or point on someones relatives at least.
And keep your statistics and govt with you. We all know here what is our govt and what really it does.
Rather than rattling here why not go out and do some welfare work and get banned products which you personally feel are too bad and doesnt deserve here.

Sometimes I feel people like you who keep names to overseas products themselves are more interested in favoring patanjali no wonder how the product is. They just cant afford something they will badmouth and go the cheap way stating wow this is awesome.[DOUBLEPOST=1545041351][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes and such loosers keep ranting against that company as they really couldn't do anything but just cry and hate in a dark room or on some forums as they got no real guts to actually do something about their losses. Poor pitiful loosers.
The dont get the very basic business rule: Its a business, you make it or you loose it.
I didn't participate in amway. Infact I came across amway/Qnet because a friend of mine pitched Qnet to me, It didn't make any business sense so I looked into it and found out its an MLM. I only spread the word because I've seen many people lose their money on it and by seeing my posts, atleast I saved a couple of people who saw MLMs for what it is.

Even if you join amway, in their contract, you are referred to as Independent Business Owner" (IBO), not sales people as your upline will tell you. But ofcourse, reading about a contract is not something I expect from you reading the posts above. so you do you. buy your overpriced shitty products.

G.JPG
Gl.jpg
My mom's chronic knee problem was fixed in two months after having 2 bottles of their glucosamine and boswellia. Has been 3 + years. Pain never resurfaced and she's older now. THIS DOES NOT MEAN AMWAY GLUCOSAMINE AND BOSWELLIA can fix any knee or joint pain! So it will most likely not work on people with arthritis.
All of their products are high quality + not necessarily expensive in the long run. For example the PFA pics/screenshot.
Rs. 270 for a 190 grams paste. Opened in July '18 still has 30% left (single person). Lets say if t has 2 more months , total of eight then running cost of it is around Rs. 30. It is because there is no need to use a lot of it as compared to other brands. Patanjali toothpaste gave me weird uneasy pain. No clue why that thing is so famous.

Last edited:
I didn't participate in amway. Infact I came across amway/Qnet because a friend of mine pitched Qnet to me, It didn't make any business sense so I looked into it and found out its an MLM. I only spread the word because I've seen many people lose their money on it and by seeing my posts, atleast I saved a couple of people who saw MLMs for what it is.
Even if you join amway, in their contract, you are referred to as Independent Business Owner" (IBO), not sales people as your upline will tell you. But ofcourse, reading about a contract is not something I expect from you reading the posts above. so you do you. buy your overpriced shitty products.
People lost money because they were duped into the idea it is easy money which it never is. I agree with you on some points but their products are not shitty. Trust me.

View attachment 78012 View attachment 78013
My mom's chronic knee problem was fixed in two months after having 2 bottles of their glucosamine and boswellia. Has been 3 + years. Pain never resurfaced and she's older now. THIS DOES NOT MEAN AMWAY GLUCOSAMINE AND BOSWELLIA can fix any knee or joint pain! So it will most likely not work on people with arthritis.
All of their products are high quality + not necessarily expensive in the long run. For example the PFA pics/screenshot.
Rs. 270 for a 190 grams paste. Opened in July '18 still has 30% left (single person). Lets say if t has 2 more months , total of eight then running cost of it is around Rs. 30. It is because there is no need to use a lot of it as compared to other brands. Patanjali toothpaste gave me weird uneasy pain. No clue why that thing is so famous.

I think @Futureized was talking about patanjali here, not amway...

I think @Futureized was talking about patanjali here, not amway...
Hey thanks for pointing that out. I've experienced excellent results with Patanjali products too. However not their ghee etc but herbs like Shilajit/Ashwaghanda/kaunch beej/safed musli etc. I really want to share because I was blown away. Since then I am Ayurveda fanboi :D

Last edited:
Back