Health & Fitness Do you trust Patanjali products ? Please think twice!

Most of their products are not quality tested .Thats why its way cheaper.ANd as far as what i heard.They just repack the cheapest available source and rebrand as theirs.
They know government cant touch him and its better to earn as much as possible in present term rather than build a brand.
Even Reliance doesnt jump in every business which Patanjali does.Every week they are in news .Once Atta,once oil,once soap than in milk product,next toothpaste,now jeans clothing,already aurveda is there.
How can one concentrate in business if he put his leg in all running train.

I guess we are too caught up in advertising scams. Use Amway. Test their products. Let me share my reasons why I love Amway.
1) Few years ago when I was using closeup/colgate toothpaste I was thinking of giving Amway Glister (their toothpaste) a try. At that time I used to chew rajnigandha pan masala once in a while. I remember having it 4/5 days before I started using Glister. I was surprised to find out little chunks of broken betel nut started coming out in my mouth from nowhere (after having that masala thing 4/5 days ago! I don't use any other toothpaste now.
2) As a makeshift way of removing minor scratches from vehicles one can use colgate to remove it and it works. I tried the same with Glister it did not work. I tried real hard. It is because glister is so fine it could not scrub the paint off while Colgate did it almost instantly. I don't know if this is good or bad you think about it.
3) Their shampoos are expensive but way better than any I have used. I use Amway shampoos only.
4) I use their enzyme detergent to wash clothes (Yes I wash my clothes) and they last a lot more than other generic detergents.
5) I use their fish oils + multi vitamins + garlic and now they have ashwhaghanda too. I have a feeling they will soon launch Turmeric extract and I will have that too.
6) I know many who use their dish washer liquid and they like it.

They don't make ghee etc but I wanted to share this here maybe because someone discussed toothpaste and everytime this happens it reminds me about my switch to Glister and other Amway products.

I guess we are too caught up in advertising scams. Use Amway. Test their products. Let me share my reasons why I love Amway.
1) Few years ago when I was using closeup/colgate toothpaste I was thinking of giving Amway Glister (their toothpaste) a try. At that time I used to chew rajnigandha pan masala once in a while. I remember having it 4/5 days before I started using Glister. I was surprised to find out little chunks of broken betel nut started coming out in my mouth from nowhere (after having that masala thing 4/5 days ago! I don't use any other toothpaste now.
2) As a makeshift way of removing minor scratches from vehicles one can use colgate to remove it and it works. I tried the same with Glister it did not work. I tried real hard. It is because glister is so fine it could not scrub the paint off while Colgate did it almost instantly. I don't know if this is good or bad you think about it.
3) Their shampoos are expensive but way better than any I have used. I use Amway shampoos only.
4) I use their enzyme detergent to wash clothes (Yes I wash my clothes) and they last a lot more than other generic detergents.
5) I use their fish oils + multi vitamins + garlic and now they have ashwhaghanda too. I have a feeling they will soon launch Turmeric extract and I will have that too.
6) I know many who use their dish washer liquid and they like it.

They don't make ghee etc but I wanted to share this here maybe because someone discussed toothpaste and everytime this happens it reminds me about my switch to Glister and other Amway products.
Dont use amway products and encourage it since its an MLM (multi level marketing scheme)

https://mlmtruth.org/2018/04/25/what-about-amway/
https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/8fd8bl/is_amway_a_mlm/

Their toothpaste looks like it works because it contains a lot of abrasives (aka small stones) which rub against the tooth enamel and strips it. Thats why teeth appear white but this will damage your teeth in long run and you will get sensitive teeth.

All the other products are also overprices since they essentially are regular retail products with fragrances added to them to smell good. you'll be better off buying expensive products of established brands with established products made in factories with decent quality checks

btw Im sure you're buying it from someone whom you know so just know that they're taking a cut out of your sales

Dont use amway products and encourage it since its an MLM (multi level marketing scheme)

https://mlmtruth.org/2018/04/25/what-about-amway/
https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/8fd8bl/is_amway_a_mlm/

Their toothpaste looks like it works because it contains a lot of abrasives (aka small stones) which rub against the tooth enamel and strips it. Thats why teeth appear white but this will damage your teeth in long run and you will get sensitive teeth.

All the other products are also overprices since they essentially are regular retail products with fragrances added to them to smell good. you'll be better off buying expensive products of established brands with established products made in factories with decent quality checks

btw Im sure you're buying it from someone whom you know so just know that they're taking a cut out of your sales
:D

I am not sure if Amway is a rip off, but most of the premium stuff mostly is just rebadged stuff with some different fragrances.

As for Patanjali, I heard from a reliable source that their neighbour (or relation) got some insects in their juice. Patanjali took 30 days for getting it replaced and just said it was a mistake or something.

I am not sure if Amway is a rip off, but most of the premium stuff mostly is just rebadged stuff with some different fragrances.

As for Patanjali, I heard from a reliable source that their neighbour (or relation) got some insects in their juice. Patanjali took 30 days for getting it replaced and just said it was a mistake or something.
amway is one of the oldest MLMs alongside tupperware/avon. In USA, they regularly use name of god in bible belt to get new customers. Infact current United states Secretary of Education is billionaire heir to amway parent company. They're incredibly successful and incredibly wealthy and destroyed many families . Main goal is to convince that their products are good but costly and one of reducing the costs is to enroll people under, making it a MLM scheme. My mom used their toothpaste around 12~13 years back when I was small but we used them for one month and didn't buy next month because it was costly. then our neighbor who gave us that sample told us that we can get discount if we enrolled more people under us. thankfully my mom was a teacher and didn't see any sense in that and didn't agree. Thing with these MLMs is they're pushed by people we know, making it hard to decline.

btw you dont even know whats in these products which promise white teeth, good health and good washing products. infact many of their products are banned by fssai for making misleading claims and containing harmful chemicals.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...products-from-market/articleshow/46100811.cms

Agree that MLM/pyramid schemes are straight out of the devil's head, but there's no denying amway products are good. Yes they're "overpriced", but there's nothing in the regular market that can match their quality. I have used glister and satinique and the only reason i stopped is because i'm a cheap arse. I currently use nivea soap and dove shampoo, which is the mildest stuff in the market, but they don't come near amway quality. And of course price :-/

Tupperware has some great products, also a bit expensive.

The pyramid schemes can be avoided, just buy the products !

Agree that MLM/pyramid schemes are straight out of the devil's head, but there's no denying amway products are good. Yes they're "overpriced", but there's nothing in the regular market that can match their quality. I have used glister and satinique and the only reason i stopped is because i'm a cheap arse. I currently use nivea soap and dove shampoo, which is the mildest stuff in the market, but they don't come near amway quality. And of course price :-/

Tupperware has some great products, also a bit expensive.

The pyramid schemes can be avoided, just buy the products !
I disagree. go to your dentist and he'll suggest more reputed fssai/ MCI approved products.And for shampoos, go to a beauty shop/ saloon where they will suggest good quality SLS and paraben free shampoo. You really don't have to gamble with your body by using these untested products.
infact, in above link, fssai in india itself deemed few products of unworthy quality

and also, by buying these products, you are indirectly supporting these MLMs to thrive and scam people.

tupperware is one of rare instances where actual quality is good but now you can buy them directly on amazon so no need to use mlm model. But however, even in recent years, the quality of tupperware products is down. you can find many reviews online. There are many similar products now ..signoraware/cello/pyrex etc which source their products from same factory tupperware is sourcing its products from

My childhood best friend is a dentist (in the US now) and he says all toothpaste are equal. My personal experience with glister was that it had better results than the usual pepsodent-g which i regularly use (from the days it used to be called mentadent-g).

Patanjali products are bullshit to begin with.
We tried few products and found them adulterated wherein they openly claim theirs most purest items around. Eg: Their artificial honey is so sooooo sweeeet that a diabetic patient will instantly die if he consumes 2-4 teaspoons in matter of hours.
Yet few of my friends believe blindly in its products esp noodles and biscuits and other grocery shit where on other hand we found it too crappy and cheap.
I don't understand why people believe this baba so blindly as if some god itself has started manufacturing these products which are foolproof.
Anyways its India and shit sells here very hot & on any name coz of shitty blindfolded people. Pity!!

To add, even Doctors suggest and stay loyal to these products. I wonder how much commission they must be earning for spreading this shit to their poor patients. Insane!

Upto yoga it was fine tomorrow he will also come up with his shudh blood blank as well. Charged at 1rs per bottle and people will also start injecting it believing it will make their souls pure. Facepalm!

Last edited:
My childhood best friend is a dentist (in the US now) and he says all toothpaste are equal. My personal experience with glister was that it had better results than the usual pepsodent-g which i regularly use (from the days it used to be called mentadent-g).
He might be talking about normal FMCG toothpaste like colgate/dabur etc in which case, he's true since most of the tooth paste contain flurodies and foaming agents at core. Whitening tooth paste contain abrasives/ teeth strengthening toothpastes contain calcium which deposit on teeth but they wash away easily so no effect.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Glister-a-better-toothpaste-than-Colgate

Glister Toothpaste is the toothpaste product distributed by Amway/Quixtar. Naturally, many recommend Glister because they wish to support an Amway business. But given a choice, choose what's best for your teeth. In this regard, Amway claims Glister is a special toothpaste that is great for your teeth. Is this true? To help you decide, here's some facts:

What makes Glister toothpaste different from other toothpastes? According to Amway, ''Glister uses a polishing agent, LS-928 which safely cleans and whitens teeth. LS-928 - small, bead like, clay particles with a smooth surface that provide high polish without excessive abrasion.''

Exactly what is LS-928? Well, according to US patent 4,414,199 (awarded in 1983) LS-928 is a grit having low abrasivity and good shelf-life, while also promoting absorption of fluoride into the enamel.

Some things here are not right. First, technology and marketing has changed a lot since 1983 (e.g. tartar control, peroxide, baking soda, whitening, gum care, sensitivity protection). If LS-928 was invented in 1983, we should be using LS-929 by now.

Second, the LS-928 patent expired three years ago. Any toothpaste manufacturer is free to use LS-928 today. However, only Amway continues to use LS-928. The reason does not seem to be cost (LS-928's patent specifically states ''low-cost''), so the reason could either be marketing (Colgate/Crest/etc. do not want to copy Amway), research (Colgate decided that LS-928 is not optimal), or ignorance (Colgate doesn't understand the benefits of Amway's patent). My guess is that the scientists at Colgate are not ignorant. In fact, since the 1980's most toothpastes have switched from calcinated and pyrophosphate abrasives to silica abrasives. Silica abrasives generally work better at cleaning teeth.

Third fact, abrasiveness is a tradeoff. More abrasive 'whitening' toothpastes tend to remove more stains. While less abrasive 'sensitive' toothpastes remove less enamel. Everyone wants to whiten their teeth, but given the choice between removing stains and protecting enamel, I think most people would protect their enamel. This tradeoff is measured in a statistic named ''PCR'' which stands for 'plaque cleaning ratio,' the amount of plaque removed compared to the amount of enamel removed. But, PCR values are not publicly available.

Aesthetically, Glister toothpaste is pretty normal as far as toothpaste goes. It's white. It's somewhat gooey and sticky (contains less glycerine?). It has mint flavoring.

Glister does not carry the ADA seal of approval. No big deal - any fluoride toothpaste could qualify for the ADA seal, as long as it jumped through enough hoops and paid enough fees to the ADA.

My personal experience: when I visit my relatives I sometimes brush with their Glister toothpaste, and after about two hours I want to brush again. I normally use Colgate Total everyday. It contains Triclosan (an antimicrobial) and a polymer that bonds the Triclosan to the tooth for a few hours. I brush in the morning and feel okay through lunch. My electric toothbrush has a 2-minute timer, so I think I get sufficient fluoride, too. It's what my dentist recommended.

So until I see clinical evidence showing Glister is the better toothpaste for my teeth, I'll view Glister as an ordinary toothpaste.

---

2/2003: I came by US patent 6,174,515 (issued in 2001) assigned to Amway. It is titled ''Toothpaste composition'' and appears to pick up where the 1983 patent left off. It's primary invention is literally a LS-928 based toothpaste that squeezes out of the tube better.

Apparently the ''stickiness'' I attributed to Glister is properly called ''stringiness.'' When reducing the amount of LS-928 to reduce abrasivity, Amway had to compensate by increasing the amount of thickeners. The thickeners caused Glister to stick to the tube. The invention of the 2001 patent is the addition of a ''nonabrasive silica gel'' to the toothpaste that keeps the toothpaste thick without becoming stringy.

So, we should see Glister becomes less stringy in the future. Amway hasn't been mentioning the 2001 patent on the tube, so I assume they are waiting for FDA approval.

One disclosure made in the 2001 patent is the RDA (radioactive dentin abrasion or relative dentin abrasivity) value. RDA is a measurement of how much a given toothpaste will wear down your tooth (dentin). RDA is more meaningful than descriptions about ''small bead-like clay particles.''

Amway's patent gives RDA as ''less than about 110'' but preferably 50-80. This wide range probably was given to cover different varieties (sensitive through whitening). However, this value of 110 is the only number available. This value is higher than Colgate Total (70) and Crest Regular (95), but less than Colgate Whitening (124) or Crest MultiCare Whitening (144).

In other words, Glister may be harsher to your teeth than regular toothpaste, but gentler to your teeth than whitening toothpaste. Given the data, Glister should be considered a moderately-abrasive toothpaste.

---

1/2005

Amway has changed the abrasive in Glister from LS-928 to Sylodent, a silica abrasive. I am unaware how the Sylodent abrasive compares to other silica abrasive. Amway also changed Glister's product label from ''anti-plaque'' to ''multi-action'', although besides the new abrasive, the toothpaste formula contains ingredients found in all other common toothpastes: fluoride, SLS, sweetener, flavor.
https://www.mouthshut.com/review/Glister-Toothpaste-review-srsnpppun

Amway has changed the abrasive in Glister from LS-928 to Sylodent, a silica abrasive. I am unaware how the Sylodent abrasive compares to other silica abrasive. Amway also changed Glister's product label from ''anti-plaque'' to ''multi-action'', although besides the new abrasive, the toothpaste formula contains ingredients found in all other common toothpastes: fluoride, SLS, sweetener, flavor.

So ignoring all that, if your dentist friend said that all toothpaste are equal, why are you spending 290rs for 190gm pack of toothpaste and supporting such shitty company? you're basically doing it for fragrance and taste right?

Well I have seen Amway products are way better than the others. As far as the sinister MLM marketing is concerned I have my views on it. Thing is Amway or maybe their agents show a super rosy picture of Amway can do for the common man. Sell this sell that and you will get super rich etc. That's a total farce. It is really hard to sell their stuff because we want cheap stuff. So people end up buying loads of their stuff and then they have a hard time selling it and then they sell it for cheap online (to get some revenue). It is something the " middlemen"do not the company. This is my opinion. Either ways I will keep on using their products because time and again they have come out to be the best for me.
amway is one of the oldest MLMs alongside tupperware/avon. In USA, they regularly use name of god in bible belt to get new customers. Infact current United states Secretary of Education is billionaire heir to amway parent company. They're incredibly successful and incredibly wealthy and destroyed many families . Main goal is to convince that their products are good but costly and one of reducing the costs is to enroll people under, making it a MLM scheme. My mom used their toothpaste around 12~13 years back when I was small but we used them for one month and didn't buy next month because it was costly. then our neighbor who gave us that sample told us that we can get discount if we enrolled more people under us. thankfully my mom was a teacher and didn't see any sense in that and didn't agree. Thing with these MLMs is they're pushed by people we know, making it hard to decline.

btw you dont even know whats in these products which promise white teeth, good health and good washing products. infact many of their products are banned by fssai for making misleading claims and containing harmful chemicals.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...products-from-market/articleshow/46100811.cms

Well I have seen Amway products are way better than the others. As far as the sinister MLM marketing is concerned I have my views on it. Thing is Amway or maybe their agents show a super rosy picture of Amway can do for the common man. Sell this sell that and you will get super rich etc. That's a total farce. It is really hard to sell their stuff because we want cheap stuff. So people end up buying loads of their stuff and then they have a hard time selling it and then they sell it for cheap online (to get some revenue). It is something the " middlemen"do not the company. This is my opinion. Either ways I will keep on using their products because time and again they have come out to be the best for me.
Its hard to sell those products because they're super expensive for what they offer. Some people buy loads of it because their upline sells it to their downline saying that they're super high quality stuff and sell well and so on. But ofcourse most of them don't sell so you never hear about those poor people who lost their money.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/9aolhe/is_an_mlm_check_here_mega_thread_list/

If you're happy buying expensive overpriced shit and indirectly supporting an MLM, hey its your life. Who am I to judge you. I'm just spreading the word. Only two MLM I came across personally are Amway and Qnet and only my friend lost money on Qnet. My neighbor aunty when I was small approached my mom but my mom didn't buy them. I don't know what happened to that neighbor now

It is really hard to sell their stuff because we want cheap stuff. So people end up buying loads of their stuff and then they have a hard time selling it and then they sell it for cheap online (to get some revenue). It is something the " middlemen"do not the company. e.
Its not the "middlemen" who do that. Its the company which encourages their "sellers" to pressurise their downline, who in turn pressurises their downline ...hmmm this structure is resembling a shape..a pyramid shape

Its not the "middlemen" who do that. Its the company which encourages their "sellers" to pressurise their downline, who in turn pressurises their downline ...hmmm this structure is resembling a shape..a pyramid shape
Hmm.. You're probably right.. all companies do that directly indirectly....

Its hard to sell those products because they're super expensive for what they offer. Some people buy loads of it because their upline sells it to their downline saying that they're super high quality stuff and sell well and so on. But ofcourse most of them don't sell so you never hear about those poor people who lost their money.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/9aolhe/is_an_mlm_check_here_mega_thread_list/

If you're happy buying expensive overpriced shit and indirectly supporting an MLM, hey its your life. Who am I to judge you. I'm just spreading the word. Only two MLM I came across personally are Amway and Qnet and only my friend lost money on Qnet. My neighbor aunty when I was small approached my mom but my mom didn't buy them. I don't know what happened to that neighbor now
There are many who lost a lot of money because of Amway. Still their products rock. :)

Back