Health & Fitness Do you trust Patanjali products ? Please think twice!

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
With the inception of winter their fake product busted in our home. This time it’s claimed “100% suddh Ghee “

We had a doubt when only bottom 20% part was solidify due to cold. Then we placed entire container in refrigerator for 24hours. Technically entire thing should be solidified, but it wasn’t. It the same only 20% was solidified. And now after taking out of refrigerator it smelling awful, doesn’t smells eatable anymore. And when we tried to make paratha with it , it smell terrible (like burning of pork fat).

Since we have transferred it from original paper/tetrapack packet to a transparent jar, we have lost the batch number etc details and hence unable to lodge official complaints with consumer forums.
This was the third packet we have ever used, first pack was very good, we bought the smallest size for testing & we were impressed. Then next time we bought two big container at once ( about 6months ago). We had doubt in this second purchase as it was not smelling like our first test purchase of small pack. We have consumed the second bottle, And now in winter it’s exposed the third.

I made this post in a tech forum to inform people that please be careful about what you eat even it’s from a company who claim their products are 100% pure.

One of my aunty busted fake honey by Patanjali years ago already. Their toothpaste is terrible these days. One of our relatives found objectionable material in their amla juice, earlier this year.

Please beaware of Patanjali products. Either the company itself fu*king around with customers or someone is making counterfeit Patanjali products.

Yup, most Patanjali products are even worse than off the shelf products. I bought their toothpaste and it doesn't even foam. Plus some months back, a relative had bought 2 bottles of their digestive amla and some other tablets. Eating even one of those gave everyone a splitting headache. I think they threw away the bottles in trash after we singled out that those tablets were the cause of the headaches.

Yup, most Patanjali products are even worse than off the shelf products. I bought their toothpaste and it doesn't even foam. Plus some months back, a relative had bought 2 bottles of their digestive amla and some other tablets. Eating even one of those gave everyone a splitting headache. I think they threw away the bottles in trash after we singled out that those tablets were the cause of the headaches.
yeah i used their patanjali toothpaste and it led to gum infection as i guess it din clean properly. However the first pack of toothpaste worked alright while the second one sucked. So they have poor quality ass their products are just rebranded from others. I have now anyway thrown the patanjali toothpastes and using Xtar toothpaste these days as i got a few from a dentist visit. BTW foaming happens due to fluoride which their toothpaste lacks and some ppl actually say fluride isnt good for us anyway.

Earlier i remember their aloe vera gel was also cost effective but now it is much ore watery and makes skin dry and oily wile previous one used to be absorbed very quick and easily. have thrown away that too. Ghee we never tried as we anyway get our ghee from a relative who makes them.

Recently there was a news that Patanjali products were banned in Qatar due to chemical contents in some of their products but it was also said that they were just rumors.

BTW foaming happens due to fluoride which their toothpaste lacks and some ppl actually say fluride isnt good for us anyway.

It has 924ppm of fluoride too. Just saw the contents through phone camera. Weird thing is it is marketed as a dental cream and not as a toothpaste.
patan-dent.jpg

Dental cream sounds about right if you are referring to Dant Kanti. It should not be used like a toothpaste for everyday use. It is abrasive with lime (calcium carbonate) and silicon dioxide with larger particle sizes than other abrasive tooth pastes and will damage enamel in the long run and lead to tooth sensitivity or even decay in the long run. Also, the so called herbal content comprises just 1% of the total. The composition is pretty similar to Colgate.

I had posted info on it in the past with detailed composition and the carcinogenic materials present in it in contrast to Colgate. Simply put, their claims of being less harmful ore more healthier than other toothpastes is bogus and in fact, its the worst of the lot if you look at the ingredient list.

It says Patanjali and Vicco herbal tooth cream are very effective for oral health. :O

that's true. i dont know about Vicco , but after using dant kranti gum bleeding will start, one wont be able to drink normal water due to sensitivity, etc & so one will be forced to visit dentist.
Dentist will prescribe something good like, senquel, etc and the user will have a healthy oral heath after that.

Whats the difference? My dentist also gave me 3m tooth cream that costs 2500.

my dentist is cool, he clearly say no toothpaste is going to do any magic or reverse what damage is already done.
But if one stay away from jhola-chaps (referring baba's company) they can avoid the damage. He added, the only benefit of using medicated toothpaste is they pass through rigorous test and wont damage in long run as compared to consumer grade toothpaste.

spending 2500 in toothpaste might not be ideal, change your dentist :)

that's true. i dont know about Vicco , but after using dant kranti gum bleeding will start, one wont be able to drink normal water due to sensitivity, etc & so one will be forced to visit dentist.
Dentist will prescribe something good like, senquel, etc and the user will have a healthy oral heath after that.
yeah my gums also bled after using patanjali

My family dentist suggested not to use any Ayurvedic/Herbal tooth pastes because they are the root cause for enamel loss and ultimately teeth problems.

I was using Himalaya tooth paste, Since then Close up is my regular thing.

~~ On topic: Patanjali products are bunch of crap with cow dung and urine everywhere. Only Detergent powder we use for washing non regular bedsheets or dirty clothes.

I've heard a lot about remineralizing toothpastes. Amazon has some for 2.5k. Do those work?

didn't knew about remineralizing toothpastes, but when i searched - i found this - https://wellnessmama.com/2500/remineralizing-toothpaste/

which is bit of a surprise for me, as wife does similar thing occasionally (based on her dentist recommendation).
She mix baking powder + hydrogen peroxide + cinnamon.

On topic: Patanjali products are bunch of crap with cow dung and urine everywhere. Only Detergent powder we use ......
we used dish washing bar as the last ramdev's product, now my regular departmental store stopped stocking them.

funny part is the way Patanjali products are marketed as if you are not using them you are anti-national and as if you are giving money directly to US govt and not your local shopkeeper :D

funny part is the way Patanjali products are marketed as if you are not using them you are anti-national and as if you are giving money directly to US govt and not your local shopkeeper :D

One of Apples and few other american companies marketing strategies. You are a traitor if you don't buy their "100% american" products which are all made in china.

seriously man. i guess 80% acorss globe in made in china. the world cant exist without china's factories.
Also see how China changed the perception of people over last decade, they use to known for producing worst-quality product. Now they not only created a parallel system know to make high quality product but also advertised this fact to diminish the old perception of inferior quality products.

About Patanjali, Baba Ramdev is one heck of a businessman. Every new product/company had to invest almost over 50% in advertisement and marketing of their product via commercial channels, and again a huge chunk in distribution channels. Ramdev didn't went in that conventional path rather he adapted alternate strategy such as advertising his products in his yog shivirs, and other religious channels. no investment at all. And his followers were the distribution channels.
And the rest just propagate via words of mouth. Later in TV commercial we have seen baba ramdev & balkrishna only advertising their products.

User acquisition without investment was big reason for patanjali to become so big. in remote areas entire villages buys only patanjali products - call it a superstition or whatever.
In India Patanjali is mammoth size. If the reality ever comes to surface i wont be surprised to know, that he surpassed Ambani's net-worth.

Back