Graphic Cards Display ports on RX-480

Avik Garain

Recruit
Hello all. Since the RX-480 has been announced, it can be seen through its released photos that it neither has a VGA port (not surprised here) nor a DVI port. So that means all output will be only digital. But my monitor only supports VGA connection which is analog. Is there any convertors which I can use for my old monitor and I really don't want to change my monitor. Further, is it possible that custom manufacturers may roll out some 480s with at least a DVI-I port?

the reference design card may still have only display ports and HDMI, you would probably have to wait for custom cards from different manufacturers which would have different output ports.

Hello all. Since the RX-480 has been announced, it can be seen through its released photos that it neither has a VGA port (not surprised here) nor a DVI port. So that means all output will be only digital. But my monitor only supports VGA connection which is analog. Is there any convertors which I can use for my old monitor and I really don't want to change my monitor. Further, is it possible that custom manufacturers may roll out some 480s with at least a DVI-I port?

I May sound Dumb But an HDMI to VGA coverter will solve the problem.i am using one

But they always don't work right? Further, the ones which are sure to work are a little expensive. How much did ur cost?

It is already confirmed RX480 WILL support DVI.if not stock then some custom version will.

I am using hdmi vga converter from ages.always worked for me.

I am using triple monitor setup for ages with some 500rs adapter works good.

Rx480 supports DVI so u can just buy a cheap 100rs dvi to vga adapter.why bother with hdmi even?
Yes, I know DVI-I to VGA is easier because both are analog, but why I asked this was that I couldn't see DVI port in the released pics of RX-480.

Back