Dishwasher - IFB or Siemens ?

major9

Adept
My mom is planning to buy a Dishwasher. The shops say that only IFB & Siemens are available. There is a difference of about 10k between them.
My mom's friends say that Siemens does a better washing job than IFB.

Anyone here using a dishwasher ? Which one is better ?

Thanks for the replies.

The sales guys told me that IFB's Power Consumption is higher than Siemens. When I checked their websites IFB consumes around 3kwh while Siemens consume around 1kwh.

Any info on this ??

Well haven't seen their dishwashers but i have seen their washing machines,Siemens is clearly better in Build quality.

steer clear of IFB, intially the company was IFB Bosch and that was the time when they made quality products since Bosch i believe is a german company. But now its just IFB aka just an Indian Company and the quality of their products has fallen harder than the stock market in 2008! ;-)

The same goes for their ASS!

Siemens on the other hand is one of the best home appliance companies in India currently. So i guess the choice is evident!

So you have bought IFB or Siemens? What model? How is the performance? Do provide the details. I do plan to buy one. Sliding on Siemens.

I bought IFB's Neptune. The performance is very good. You need to rinse dishes which have been used for frying & those kind of cooking. Plates, serving dishes can be kept directly. I have no complaints on the washing.

Don't go for Siemens. The main reason is - A dishwasher needs 3 ingredients which you won't get easily in the open market. - Soap, Salt & Rinse Aid.

IFB provides all these through their customer care. If you give them a call they'll bring it to your house. While none of these are provided by Siemens. Also Siemens is not fully built for Indian conditions while IFB is. Another thing is the pricing. Siemens is fully imported thats why the high price plus their brand premium while IFB does not charge all these. I'm able to compare both brands because I have IFB & my aunt has Siemens.

I'm fully recommending you to go with IFB.

^ Can you tell how much it cost, and the specific model number? And this might be a stupid question, but can it be used to wash steel vessels also? Including things like kadhai?

Model is Neptune. Its the high end of IFB. Go for only that, the other one does not have many needed features. Its costs about 25-26000.

Yes, it can wash steel vessels & kadhai . If there is dirt sticking on it very hard you'll have to scrub it a little. Or you'll have to keep it at the highest temperature wash but at this wash you can't keep any glasses as it will break.

I would recommend an IFB as well...maily for Indian Conditions...as far as build quality goes, Siemens is better, but I doubt It'll withstand Indian condtions all that well as IFB. The main part is the pump. Replacing a Siemens pump (or any other Siemens part) will work out costlier for you.
I have an older IFB model...fewer electronics n stuff...works better than models with a whole lot of electronics thrown in. Lets face it,no matter how good the sealing, the moisture with all the other corrosive compounds, does get to the electronics...eventually.
ASS for IFB will be local, and as the OP mentioned you get the special IFB soap and rinse aid from them itself. A better option than the more expensive Siemens.

hmasalia said:
I suggest go for Siemens.....
Can you let us know, why Siemens? You have one, experienced? How is ASS, if you had come across? What model you have? I just checked in bangalore and only 2 models price range 32 and 39k.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

major9 said:
I bought IFB's Neptune. The performance is very good. You need to rinse dishes which have been used for frying & those kind of cooking. Plates, serving dishes can be kept directly. I have no complaints on the washing.

Don't go for Siemens. The main reason is - A dishwasher needs 3 ingredients which you won't get easily in the open market. - Soap, Salt & Rinse Aid.

IFB provides all these through their customer care. If you give them a call they'll bring it to your house. While none of these are provided by Siemens. Also Siemens is not fully built for Indian conditions while IFB is. Another thing is the pricing. Siemens is fully imported thats why the high price plus their brand premium while IFB does not charge all these. I'm able to compare both brands because I have IFB & my aunt has Siemens.

Thanks major9

Off late i see (from reviews) that IFB has problems with ASS. (IFB had a good name earlier and not now. Well not my opinion, but from reviews is what i have seen) Does IFB has the minimum time usage? I mean Siemens has option of 30 minutes cycle (quick clean or less vessel wash), where it also consumes less energy.

Yes IFB also provides detergants from their shop. But i hear that any detergants can be used with Siemens. (May be iam wrong too). For Siemens vessels need not be scrubbed before put for wash cycle. There are advantages on Siemens, but at the same time the ASS is what need to be looked into? Does you aunt get a good After Sales Service? How long she has been using it?

how did this dishwasher fare :D

Back