Digisol DG-HR3400 OR TP-LINK TL-WR841N ??

panzer008

Disciple
Switching from MTNL 8Mbps ADSL to SNet/Pacenet(Local Cable) 8Mbps

Digisol DG-HR3400:
Cable Internet guy suggests the Digisol router..... as per his experience... but the router doesnt have any custom FW or recognition..... Pros : Made in India
Flipkart Link
Digisol DG-HR3400 Product Specification

TP-LINK TL-WR841N :
Has much better recognition...... online presence as a product.... Custom FW support as well.... Tons of ppl suggesting this on Flipkart as well.... Cons : Not liked by Cable Internet guy....
Flipkart Link
TP-LINK TL-WR841N Specification Page

My computer engineer suggests some Netgear..... which I want to avoid....

Description about my new Cable Net :
Torrent Caching available
YouTube Caching available
Windows Update/ Play Store/ Sony Laptop Update Caching available
All Cached stuff uses download speeds of 5-6MBps
Connection is PPPoE over Cable Ethernet(WAN)
No FUP 8Mbps@Rs.1000/-

So which router should I take??

Get whatever you want. If the device does its job properly, it should not be a hassle to configure.

Personally, pickup the one with DD-WRT. It would help in the future.

On a side note, My ISP in Baddi, Himachal Pradesh, keeps telling me that there is an issue with my pfsense box, but I was able to prove him wrong [2 links, one with pfsense, other with router, both go down at the same time!]. Either way, we are shutting him down in 2 months, I am fed up with the daily notification from my pfsense box that the link is down. Every day for 10-15 minutes at different times.

Thx for the reply..... I actually didnt have to buy either.... since I have the TP-Link W8970.... which supports both MTNL ADSL as well as Cable Ethernet.... I just hadnt figured out earlier, how to switch between ADSL & EWAN...
Now both internet work perfectly through same router...

Back