Desktop not connecting to Android box

technofast

Huh?
Adept
I have an android media box which I used to connect to my desktop for watching media files stored in my desktop. I have used the TP-Link 500Mbps powerline adapter to connect with the media box. It was working well for couple of months but suddenly the connection is not working and says server not found. I even reset both the powerline adapters but still not able to connect with the desktop. I am however able to play media files through UPnP but it has limited resource as subtitles or audio tracks cannot be changed or included. The media box I have has both wifi and network connection and internet works fine with both network and wifi. I have also given sharing permission to all drives and folders which has the media file. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

check firewall settings too.

Lately all the linux distributions have started enabling firewall by default in their systems. If you are on Windows, check if an upgrade might have disabled firewall rules for your shares.

another reason is smb2 requires setting up username and password for access. so if the shares were set up without any password before, then add a username and password to the shares and try again.

Back