Database mini-project help!

lazyme said:
Hi ppl!

I need some good topics for a database mini-project we have to do in college...

Please help!

A listing of the preferred front-end and back-end would help specify an easy project. Do also post the level of the project you wish to make like Beginner, Intermediate and Pro.

This will help others to give better suggestions.

Though a few common ones are:

Library Management System

Hotel Management System

Student Management System

Ticket Reservation System etc.

We have been told to use VB as front-end and Access or Oracle as back-end...level of project-Intermediate....is there any place where i can view some sample projects?

try to do a project for mantaining and accessing a rfid record. Its a pretty hot field and will cover all areas..

i can give you some hints
1) database of inventory
2) getting the data from user
3) arranging data based on rfid info
4) cleaning up

read about rfid on net and what kinda software backend you need.

just a suggestion...

I believe most people will try out Library/Hospital/etc mgmt system.
you could try a mini version of Photoshop elements' "catalog" feature.
Oracle 9i allows storing of images as objects in the db. (correct me if I'm wrong
here) you can have features like search, tagging, captions etc. and use any front-end (VB, D2K etc) to display images. (maybe include a slideshow feature
using Pl/SQL programming).

This should not be very difficult. at the same time should fetch you good marks for a new idea. you'll learn a few things here. most mgmt systems just dump data and fetch data on screens. (i myself did a library mgmt system in cobol
during my college days.)

You could also go in for a small Personal Digital Assistant like program with limited features using Oracle as Backend and VB as front end.

I suggest oracle as it will help you with some experience in VB-Oracle connectivity. Though Access would prove to be a simpler option.

For some sample codes Visit: VBCodeSource

You could also try out : FreeVBCode

Disaster Management is a good topic. But, its a very very vast subject. Since u want to make an intermediate project, u could choose one aspect of disaster management or maybe club two parts/sections like Fire Dept. and Police or something.
Coz, disaster management would include Police+Municipality+Fire Dept.+Hospital+Ambulance System+Helplines and a few other things.

XTerminator said:
Disaster Management is a good topic. But, its a very very vast subject. Since u want to make an intermediate project, u could choose one aspect of disaster management or maybe club two parts/sections like Fire Dept. and Police or something.
Coz, disaster management would include Police+Municipality+Fire Dept.+Hospital+Ambulance System+Helplines and a few other things.

Ya maybe i would cover 1 or 2 aspects of it...have to submit my project Synopsis by next week...

Thanks for the help guys!

hi friends currently doing enng in IT in pune university please give me some diff topics for projects in vb for my curricullam. beacuse i want diff sub if u r having something please give me hint.:D :hap5:

XTerminator said:
A listing of the preferred front-end and back-end would help specify an easy project. Do also post the level of the project you wish to make like Beginner, Intermediate and Pro.
This will help others to give better suggestions.
Though a few common ones are:
Library Management System
Hotel Management System
Student Management System
Ticket Reservation System etc.

ticket reservation system in vb as front end and back end sql

i need a project for hotel management, front end as vb and back end as sql or oracle 9i ........please help me out......

i need a working project.

Back