CPU/Mobo Customs duty on CPU from Newegg

ch@ts

Skilled
I'm looking to upgrade my AM3 CPU, but they're overpriced in India.
An 8350 is available for about Rs 6500 on newegg, including shipping and VAT.
Will I be charged customs for it too?

Edit -
On the checkout page the amounts Rs. 7900, including estimated duty and VAT, and estimated shipping.
Does that mean I get a refund if duty/vat/gst is actually lower?

Last edited:
I ordered one.
Thank you!!
But now they're asking for KYC documents. Is it safe?
Yes. I have used ICC / ishop / ibhejo in past and currently from ibhejo too. No worries. Just don't use Aadhaar

You are lucky, they keep only 1 piece on sale. I snagged these. Keep looking at ibhejo for quick sales like these.
7f1ad2393023ce35ca905fa25de876e4.jpg
b7eb38087e9614e2319dcf71d01d1095.jpg

Last edited:
@chetansha - thank you so much for the link. I got the CPU this afternoon, and have already installed it in my system. I thought it would take 40 days or so to get here, but it took only 5. Fantastic turn-around time by ibhejo.

Wow that's good. In fact I was about to msg you if you got update, cos I got email that my items shipped domestically via blue dart .
Btw did you get the older cooler version cpu or one with wraith cooler . Pls share pics. Also try to check warranty with amd. Call amd b'lore and ask if warranty available on this cpu - give serial number and if they ask where you got it, tell them Amazon USA

[DOUBLEPOST=1553084498][/DOUBLEPOST]one more attractive deal - https://www.ibhejo.com/products/vantec-2-5-to-3-5-sata-ssd-hdd-converter-with-usb-mrk-235st-u3
Rs. 976.20 after discount

Last edited:
I got an email saying my items had shipped at about 1pm, and when I checked the Bluedart AWB, it said out for delivery!
I got an older box with no wraith cooler. Did you order one too? Maybe you'll get lucky.
I was running an X3 445 with a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO cooler. I've installed the stock fan for now, because I didn't want to spend time cleaning thermal paste when I had a new CPU to play with! But the EVO is much bigger and heavier than the stock cooler, so I may reinstall it at some point.

IMG_20190320_123204.jpg IMG_20190320_123216.jpg IMG_20190320_123228.jpgScreenshot.jpgScreenshot2.jpg

I'm using Linux, so I don't get a frequency graph. It seems to be working okay, except the temps are reported abnormally. The BIOS shows about 40 degrees, but my system shows the CPU@18 degrees.
I can't believe how long my current upgrade cycle has been. I still have a 10+ year old Asus M2N-E AM2 motherboard that has an Athlon X2 3600+ CPU and DDR2 RAM. I upgraded the processor to the Athlon II X3 445 CPU. Then I upgraded the motherboard to an Gigabyte 970a DS3P, and moved to DDR3 RAM. The X3 will go back into the AM2 board, and the FX 8350 will see me (hopefully) through a few more years. I'm still running a Corsair VX450 PSU. All I need to do now is upgrade my graphics card from an AMD 5750 to something more modern that consumes less power.

@chetansha - FX processors are so overpriced locally, that I thought I'd have to move to Ryzen this year. Thanks once again for bringing the deal to my notice. You've given my system a second - or is it third - life.

Oh sad you got old stock. Box looks little beaten up. Anyways, try to check warranty with amd blr 08033230050 .
No I did not order 8350, cos I don't have am3 board now. Will update with pics once my stuff comes in

Back