Budget 0-20k CPU + Mobo

Final shortlist for my Mobo
Gigabyte GA-B250H-DS3H vs MSI B250H Pro-VDH
both are priced the same and features are also similar. I guess it boils down to the manufacturer. Which one should I go for?

There's an Asus for a few bucks more. B250 prime plus I think. Get that. Btw, have you tried checking if any of the recent h110 boards in circulation with the newer updated bios?

There's an Asus for a few bucks more. B250 prime plus I think. Get that. Btw, have you tried checking if any of the recent h110 boards in circulation with the newer updated bios?
The Asus board is over 1K more expensive than Gigabyte or MSI. Mine is a home office build and definitely not for gaming now or in future. The H110 chipset would have sufficed for me but I decided to go with the B250 chipset only to allow full use of 2400 MHz RAM, giving me a small boost with Kabylake Pentium. As a bonus, I got M.2 and DIV-D plus HDMI, extra SATA and USB ports. I see no point in spending another 1K odd. Do you?

My final build completed yesterday:
CPU: G4560
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H
RAM: Gskill Ripjaws XMP DDR4 2400 Mhz 8 GB
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2
PSU: Coolermaster Masterwatt Lite 500W

Using my old Zebronics Bijlee cabinet, Viewsonic 19" LCD monitor, 320 GB Seagate and 500 GB WD drives

Guys I need a little guidance. I read in these forums that we need to register the SSD with the manufacturer for claiming warranty if required later. Which of the above set of components do I have to register with their respective manufacturers for possible future warranty?

Guys I need a little guidance. I read in these forums that we need to register the SSD with the manufacturer for claiming warranty if required later. Which of the above set of components do I have to register with their respective manufacturers for possible future warranty?
Bump for reply

Using my old Zebronics Bijlee cabinet, Viewsonic 19" LCD monitor, 320 GB Seagate and 500 GB WD drives

Emil, did you (will you) assemble the system by yourself? I've seen a few tutorials online, but still a bit hesitant to try building myself. Here's my requirement - https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/pc-for-everyday-work-some-sketchup-android-dev.183694/

Other than normal evrryday PC work, I needed the VT-x. Still unsure of the build, but getting there, slowly. :)

Yesterday I was told by the dealer that his stock of H110M boards would support Kabylake directly without update
Which dealer did you use? Mumbai based?

Emil, did you (will you) assemble the system by yourself? I've seen a few tutorials online, but still a bit hesitant to try building myself. Here's my requirement - https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/pc-for-everyday-work-some-sketchup-android-dev.183694/
I did not assemble it myself because I wanted the dealer to be responsible for all components working. I have no time for going after replacement for dead-on-arrivals. Most of the assembly is pretty straightforward. You may run into some problems if you are assembling in an old cabinet and the front panel cables labels are faded or something.

Which dealer did you use? Mumbai based?
Nope. I used a Pune based dealer because I did not have to time to risk a run-around.

I did not assemble it myself because I wanted the dealer to be responsible for all components working. I have no time for going after replacement for dead-on-arrivals. Most of the assembly is pretty straightforward. You may run into some problems if you are assembling in an old cabinet and the front panel cables labels are faded or something.
The cabinet will be a new mid-tower in all likelihood. The older model is a slim cabinet. I don't think there are many 450-500W PSUs with that form factor. Besides, my audio connectors (front panel) have stopped working. I wonder if that's more likely a cabinet fault or a mobo fault? Cabinet I think. Need a reliable cabinet.

Back