Budget 0-20k CPU + Mobo

The Pentium G4560 to work on skylake mobo like B150 or H110 needs bios update or else it will not recognize 7th G4560. Are the current skylake mobo coming with updated bios? Also buying a B250 mobo gives 2400mhz speed ram capability which the G4560 needs for better gaming performance.
Which is the most VFM B250 mobo?

As of now, the list is:
CPU: G4560
Mobo: Asus H110M-D (might change to MSI H110M Pro-VH and I'm also tempted by the MSI B250M Pro-VDH) - please weigh in with advice. Not sure if the MSI h110 board is available with the updated BIOS.
RAM: DDR4 2400 MHz 8GB probably Corsair or could be Gskill - advice here too
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - will it benefit me if I go for the M.2 version if I go for the B250 mobo?
PSU: Coolermaster Masterwatt Lite 500W

Last edited:
I would also like to know about using the M.2 interface for the SSD. Will I get superior speeds beyond Sata3 with any M.2 SSD or will I need to have NVMe type SSD with M.2 interface to take advantage of PCIe transfer speeds?

I would also like to know about using the M.2 interface for the SSD. Will I get superior speeds beyond Sata3 with any M.2 SSD or will I need to have NVMe type SSD with M.2 interface to take advantage of PCIe transfer speeds?
PCIE or M.2 or NVME
You will get superior speeds than any standard SSD.Ok.

Just read some stuff and understood that the Samsung 850 EVO M.2 is Sata based. So I guess the sata protocol will limit the speed to sata3 anyway even with the M.2 form factor.

Just read some stuff and understood that the Samsung 850 EVO M.2 is Sata based. So I guess the sata protocol will limit the speed to sata3 anyway even with the M.2 form factor.
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 or NVME are 3 times the speed of the present SATA3 standards buddy.

I mean if you are crazy enough or have enough monies, just go with them.

I think Samsung 960 Pro got released and it takes some time for the prices to get stabilised eh.

Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H -7000.
What about the DS3H variant of the above? It seems to be lacking the Display Port i/f, PCI socket and Sata express and it is only Rs 6350/-. I don't think I will need any of those nor crossfire since this machine is not for gaming at all. Planning to go with that one.
Will I be able to configure it for 2.1 audio output? I'm assuming this will just be the simple line-out connection on the back panel.
Also, I'm assuming that the G4560 will come with its own cooler.

Last edited:
I had finalised on Coolermaster Masterwatt Lite 500W because I had been given a quote of Rs 3500/- but now I am told that the quote is for Coolermaster B500 and not the masterwatt series.
I really want urgent advice about the B500 PSU. If not, I need a recommendation for another good PSU in that range. Ideally 80 plus certified.

I had finalised on Coolermaster Masterwatt Lite 500W because I had been given a quote of Rs 3500/- but now I am told that the quote is for Coolermaster B500 and not the masterwatt series.
I really want urgent advice about the B500 PSU. If not, I need a recommendation for another good PSU in that range. Ideally 80 plus certified.
Don't go with B500.

Antec VP550P @ 4k

The 550 Watt? Not the VP450P? Is it something more than the power that is different? My build does not even have a graphic card.
VP450P has very short cables which is bad for cable management.

In order to maintain good airflow in the cabinet by using good long PSU cables are required.

Back