Budget 0-20k CPU + Mobo

After a lot of communication with @vivek.krishnan , I have decided to just install an SSD now and move up from Win XP which is not supported anymore.
I was thinking of Win 7 but it is not so easy to get Win 7 nowadays..
Please guide which Windows version will run smoothly on my hardware. Will my hardware adequately handle Win 10 64-bit? Should I go for Win 8, Win 8.1?

My existing Mobo died and I got it repaired with kind help from @vivek.krishnan and I used the rig for a short while. My mobo died again and now I cannot put off my upgrade.
Got the following pricing from Prime:
Intel I3 -6098P CPU @ Rs.7850
Mobo: Asrock H110HDV @ Rs.4200
RAM: Gskill DDR4 2400Mhz @ Rs.4400
SSD: Samsung 250GB 850 EVO @ Rs.7400
PSU: Antec BP 450 SMPS @ Rs.2000

Questions:
1. I am considering the G4560 CPU instead of i3. I believe that should do my job. No gaming, just normal office work and perhaps an occasional VM.
2. The Mobo has been suggested because I want DVI-D and HDMI. Is Asrock OK for ASS?
3. There is Corsair value RAM 8 GB which might save me some bucks. Any other suggestions?
4. On Ebay, the 850 EVO is priced a little lower. Moreover, there are mSata and m.2 variants also priced lower than Prime's offer. Is there any advantage I get using the other form factors? Is there any specific interface requirement that the Mobo must have for these variants? For me, speed of the SSD is not so important as life because the speed will certainly better than the normal HDD I have been used to. Can I opt for a cheaper SSD?
5. Hadn't heard of the BP variant from Antec before. Is it good?

Last edited:
My existing Mobo died and I got it repaired with kind help from @vivek.krishnan and I used the rig for a short while. My mobo died again and now I cannot put off my upgrade.
Got the following pricing from Prime:
Intel I3 -6098P CPU @ Rs.7850
Mobo: Asrock H110HDV @ Rs.4200
RAM: Gskill DDR4 2400Mhz @ Rs.4400
SSD: Samsung 250GB 850 EVO @ Rs.7400
PSU: Antec BP 450 SMPS @ Rs.2000

Questions:
1. I am considering the G4560 CPU instead of i3. I believe that should do my job. No gaming, just normal office work and perhaps an occasional VM.
2. The Mobo has been suggested because I want DVI-D and HDMI. Is Asrock OK for ASS?
3. There is Corsair value RAM 8 GB which might save me some bucks. Any other suggestions?
4. On Ebay, the 850 EVO is priced a little lower. Moreover, there are mSata and m.2 variants also priced lower than Prime's offer. Is there any advantage I get using the other form factors? Is there any specific interface requirement that the Mobo must have for these variants? For me, speed of the SSD is not so important as life because the speed will certainly better than the normal HDD I have been used to. Can I opt for a cheaper SSD?
5. Hadn't heard of the BP variant from Antec before. Is it good?
Budget -25.5K

Intel Pentium G 4560 -6500,
Asus H110M-K -5000,
Corsair Value Select 8GB 2133Mhz -4000,
Crucial MX300 275GB SSD -6800,
Antec VP500PC -3200.
Total -25,500.

@bssunilreddy
Is the G4560 so expensive? If it is so, I may be tempted to stay with the i3-6098. Will Kaby force me to go for Win 10?
I have mentioned that I need DVI-D and HDMI. That board does not have HDMI.

Has anyone heard of the Antec BP450?

Edit: Just saw that G4560 is available for Rs 4620/-

Last edited:
That one doesn't have DVI-D.

Just to make things clear, Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H has DVI-D.

http://www.gigabyte.in/Motherboard/GA-B150M-D3H-rev-10#sp

1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB

Just to make things clear, Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H has DVI-D.

http://www.gigabyte.in/Motherboard/GA-B150M-D3H-rev-10#sp

1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
True but it is far more expensive. I would rather go with D-sub plus HDMI instead. But why not the Asrock one?

@bssunilreddy
Is the G4560 so expensive? If it is so, I may be tempted to stay with the i3-6098. Will Kaby force me to go for Win 10?
I have mentioned that I need DVI-D and HDMI. That board does not have HDMI.

Has anyone heard of the Antec BP450?

Edit: Just saw that G4560 is available for Rs 4620/-
If Intel Pentium G4560 is priced at 5k then it's better to go with Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H at 7k.

Save some cash from the processor & invest it in a better motherboard or stick with Intel Core i3 6100 at 8k

H110 motherboards are basic and does not have enough ports or expansion facilities compared with B150 motherboards.

If Intel Pentium G4560 is priced at 5k then it's better to go with Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H at 7k.

Save some cash from the processor & invest it in a better motherboard or stick with Intel Core i3 6100 at 8k

H110 motherboards are basic and does not have enough ports or expansion facilities compared with B150 motherboards.
True but I don't need expansion facilities. No plans to upgrade. In the past, when I upgraded, it was usually everything at once. At the most there are replacements because of failure. If future expansion is the only advantage I would get, then that is not a big advantage for me.
I will use one SSD and one HDD, one optical drive, one DDR4 stick now and one may be added in future. My present monitor I use DVI-D and I will retain it. I will check this evening because I think it has D-sub as well so I can go for a Mobo that has D-sub plus HDMI (for future). Looking at all that, H110 suits my present and future needs. If my monitor has D-sub, I might go for the Asus H110M-D that @prime suggested.
Still asking why not the Asrock board.

Asrock is a part of Asus in the begining but became a separate brand later on.

Though it offers more features for less where as Asus offers at a premium but there are many failures regarding Asrock than Asus boards.

It's your luck that a good board will come and later on RMA is also a problem here. So I don't recommend Asrock.

Asus, Gigabyte & MSI are the top brands with best price to performance ratio in motherboards. These 3 have good and many service centres in Indian cities.

Asrock is a part of Asus in the begining but became a separate brand later on.

Though it offers more features for less where as Asus offers at a premium but there are many failures regarding Asrock than Asus boards.

It's your luck that a good board will come and later on RMA is also a problem here. So I don't recommend Asrock.

Asus, Gigabyte & MSI are the top brands with best price to performance ratio in motherboards. These 3 have good and many service centres in Indian cities.
Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1487069736][/DOUBLEPOST]There is a Asus H110m board which takes DDR3 RAM. Is it worth building a system today with DDR3? Does G4560 support DDR3 RAMs?

Last edited:
Please go through my shortlist and advise me:
1. CPU - G4560 - might consider going for i3 6098
2. Mobo - Asus H110M-D - might consider Asus H110M A/M.2 if I am convinced about the advantage of going for a M.2 SSD - If I buy the former, I will use D-sub for my monitor connection for now and be ready for HDMI.
3. RAM - Corsair Value Select 8GB 2133Mhz
4. SSD - yet to decide. Too much confusion. I would have liked that Zotac premium edition 240GB which was available under 5K but I guss I'm too late to the party.
5. PSU - I really wanted the Seasonic Eco series but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. I know the Antec VP450P has been suggested, but wouldn't Corsair CX430 with its 80+ bronze certification be better at around a similar price? Which are the best VFM 80+ certified PSUs currently available?

I will buy online unless someone can recommend a good dealer in Pune.

The Pentium G4560 to work on skylake mobo like B150 or H110 needs bios update or else it will not recognize 7th G4560. Are the current skylake mobo coming with updated bios? Also buying a B250 mobo gives 2400mhz speed ram capability which the G4560 needs for better gaming performance.

The Pentium G4560 to work on skylake mobo like B150 or H110 needs bios update or else it will not recognize 7th G4560. Are the current skylake mobo coming with updated bios? Also buying a B250 mobo gives 2400mhz speed ram capability which the G4560 needs for better gaming performance.
Thanks for the heads up. I do not need gaming. I hesitated going for the skylake pentium only because there was no HT. This one has and that is why the pentium came back in contention.

As for the PSU, I have been quoted the Antec VP500 at 2900 by Prime. I see that MD Computers has the Corsair CX430 80+ bronze certified PSU at about the same price. Wouldn't that be better?

As for the PSU, I have been quoted the Antec VP500 at 2900 by Prime. I see that MD Computers has the Corsair CX430 80+ bronze certified PSU at about the same price. Wouldn't that be better?
Another TE member did a really nice review of three budget psu's from antec, coolermaster and corsair. iirc the coolermaster model edged out the other 2. i cant seem to find the link though
ill post it as soon as i find it.

Last edited:
Back