CPU/Mobo CPU cooler suggestions

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
Need advice a CPU cooler for Core i7 860. I am looking for a good air cooler since I have been noticing throttling of CPU even with a fresh coat of arctic silver thermal paste and stock intel cooler. Budget is 3K. I would like the cooler to be compatible with LGA2011 as well if i decide to upgrade my desktop in the near future

i'm using a deepcool gammaxx 400 on an i7 2600k (stock). peak temps under 60 degrees.
otherwise the cooler master hyper 212.
if you're on a tight budget and don't plan on overclocking then the cheaper 3 heatpipe models like the tx3 would also work nicely.

I have a CM V8 GT used one. Let me know if you are interested.
Let me know the price
i'm using a deepcool gammaxx 400 on an i7 2600k (stock). peak temps under 60 degrees.
otherwise the cooler master hyper 212.
if you're on a tight budget and don't plan on overclocking then the cheaper 3 heatpipe models like the tx3 would also work nicely.
What are the sockets that one gets with the deepcool gammaxx? Where and what price did you purchase?

Hi!
Your choice of cooler also depends on the case you have. Aftermarket coolers are generally quite big. They sometimes even take the space over the ram slot rendering them unusable. So do think about that.

Having said that here are my recommendations:
1. Cooler Master 103 for Rs 1800: I have this on my AMD FX8320 and I can vouch for it. On stock fan my proccy went all the way upto 80c at gaming. With 103, it touches 55c with hours of video encoding. Such a massive difference. My FX 8320 has a TDP of 125w as compared to 95w of your 860 (basically, my AMD needs more cooling). Also, the fan is dead silent.

2. Cooler Master 212 for Rs 3000: Arguably the most popular, tried and tested budget cooler. Better cooling than 103 with 1 more heat pipe and bigger fan. Though even 103 won't break a sweat for your cpu but this will take your i7 a little further in case you decide to OC.

BTW Cooler Master TX3 which was the budget pick for many has been discontinued and 103 is its replacement.

deepcool gammax 400 seems to be comparable to a CM hyper 212 at a lower price. I was also looking at arctic coolers, they are very cheap IMO and design too looks comparable with deepcool/CM. For example arctic freezer xtreme 2 is 2399 on amazon

ordered coolermaster hyper 103. Its cheaper than other coolers by 400-500 rs while offering only 4-5 deg higher temperatures than their costlier counter parts[DOUBLEPOST=1472397573][/DOUBLEPOST]cooler just came in. Installation was easy. I like how the cooler is secured by thumb screws., I find it more promising than intel cooler design. One knows that the cooler is tight enough. Ran AIDA64 CPU stress test, the CPU never went above 60-61 Deg C. On stock cooler the CPU used to go 100 Deg before throttling kicked in. Idling on stock cooler was 40-45 Deg which is now 30-32 Deg. Overall a good cooler at the price!

Last edited:
Back