Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Discussion Thread

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is coming!

Aman27deep said:
But if the get auto aim then we're ****ed :p

Hardcore gamers won't care and still beat the sh*t out of them. :eek:hyeah:

Actually I think it's better without auto aim.

pretttt said:
Dude, didnt you read... PS3 version will also have mouse+KB support!! No idea if they would use it though. Console players would probably be sitting on a couch some distance away from the TV. What would they keep the mouse/kb on?

Wireless? ;)

viralbug said:
Wireless? ;)
Yea, but they still need a flat surface to keep the mouse. Anyway, I guess whoever would want to use that will figure something out.

Proper preview video with lots of gameplay:

No respawn? Wow. That's going to be a lot different. Did CS Source not have respawn too?

that's a nice update .. will it playable on PC too ? i have never heard of cs being played on PS :S and one other thing i am really excited to see what new weapons have been introduced

I think he meant no respawn until the next round, which is how the normal gameplay is.

WTF is with the new stun-gun? Why the hell would anyone even use it?

I think this is what we need when the FPS market is flooded with COD wannabee games.

If done right, the MP might be able to stop the juggernaut called COD.

Beating COD at its own game is what Valve is going for. The game looks really good. And its a forgone conclusion that the gameplay will be one of the best out there. Its the integration thats a bit iffy. Lets see what they have in store for that.

viralbug said:
WTF is with the new stun-gun? Why the hell would anyone even use it?

For the lulz. I stun joo and take ur expensive awp, ragequit for sure :p

I think the Molotov is gonna be overpowered. Imagine 2 molotovs in dust2 B tunnel during a T rush :(

Aman27deep said:
But if the get auto aim then we're ****ed :p

Unlikely. From Gamespy -

Speaking to Gamespot, Valve writer Chet Faliszek conceded that many PC gamers have been shocked by the news that servers for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be populated with PC, PS3 and Mac players. But he says match-making will ensure that only console players with high skill levels will compete in high-ranking PC matches:

"So I think a lot of PC players go like 'Oh my God. I don't want my game filled with all those console noobs'. Well, guess what? They have no edge. There's no auto-aiming happening. There's nothing giving them an advantage."

Faliszek also confirmed that seven classic Counter Strike maps will be featured in the game: five will be the "defuse the bomb" scenarios, two will be hostage rescues. He says all of the maps have been tweaked to fix any imbalances. Valve will also announce new maps and modes in the near future.

Rickyk said:
"So I think a lot of PC players go like 'Oh my God. I don't want my game filled with all those console noobs'. Well, guess what? They have no edge. There's no auto-aiming happening. There's nothing giving them an advantage."

Ouch for the consoles. I wonder how can one awp with a controller.

COUNTER-STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE BETA DATED

THE BUZZ: An official start date has now been given to the previously delayed closed beta for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Valve confirmed the official start date through a tweet on their official account: ”The beta will be active for all current key holders starting Wed November 30th.” The beta was delayed from its original October slot due to changes having to be made after feedback from professional players.

EGM’s TAKE: If you’ve managed to secure a code then the wait is almost over.

Source : Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Dated | EGMNOW

now tell me where to get the beta keys.?

baccilus said:
Who will play this when we have BF3?

not all have BF3, tons of people are still hooked up religiously to CS1.6, CSS and TF2... simple gun fun ;) esp. in India CS1.6 is the emperor of online multiplayer games.

_

@Bacillus: Eyecandy is not all we look for . each game has is own MP fun factor.

CS 1.6 is one of the best thing to happen to me in gaming :D and I am a CS 1.6 fanboy :p

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am extremely interested in CS:GO and am not able to find enough updates on the game. On wiki, it is mentioned that a public beta is soon to be released but doesn't have a date. Also, I am unable to see any gaming sites at work. Anybody got any latest updates regarding CS:GO?

Sorry to bump an old thread but I am extremely interested in CS:GO and am not able to find enough updates on the game. On wiki, it is mentioned that a public beta is soon to be released but doesn't have a date. Also, I am unable to see any gaming sites at work. Anybody got any latest updates regarding CS:GO?

yeah nothing much is available around about CSGO.. I guess valve is quite busy with dota2 beta and counting money
<

_

Back