PC Peripherals CoolerMaster WaveMaster Silver

That site redirects me to Antec India!

I was shown the Wavemaster and I was totally blown over. Is it available in India, generally? The guy was making it out to be as if it is the only one there is - said one went to PC Quest, one to Digit, one to the AMD CEO and if I bought it I'd be the fourth to have it :p Ok, so I'm naive - but..?

astrix said:
That site redirects me to Antec India!

I was shown the Wavemaster and I was totally blown over. Is it available in India, generally? The guy was making it out to be as if it is the only one there is - said one went to PC Quest, one to Digit, one to the AMD CEO and if I bought it I'd be the fourth to have it :p Ok, so I'm naive - but..?
Yeah its the same... Try contacting directly info@theitdepot.com. I got my wavemaster from there. Hehe three members here including me, bottle and funkymonkey have the same case. LOL bottle actually has two... the silver and also the black :D

Edit: All bought from the same place. They are the official coolermaster dealers in India.

Nobody is here to sell three pieces of a cabby first get that straight... And i know few people excluding the ones on the board itself who has the cabby...

Is this price fine:

Antec SmartPower 400W - Rs. 3800

Is it true the TruePower has some kind of 24 bit connector that won't work with the Asus A8N-E?!

astrix said:
Who is/are theitdepot.com? Where are they physically?

You got it for 7250... so ye banda mujhe choona laga raha hai?
7250+8.5% tax + 300 bux shipping by courier. If you stay in chennai, then no tax.

astrix said:
Is this price fine:

Antec SmartPower 400W - Rs. 3800

Is it true the TruePower has some kind of 24 bit connector that won't work with the Asus A8N-E?!

Both will work with A8N-E. Both are 20 pin PSUs. The A8N-E is a 24 pin ATX 2.0 board but it will also work with 20 pin PSUs. There is a version of truepower that is 24pin and also there's the neopower thats 24pin. That price is more or less okay but u'll get a truepower 480 for 4k+tax from the same place where u get the wavemaster. why not go for that?

Well firstly Chaos, I really appreciate your helping this confuzzled mind :p

They did not have truepower :( What's the difference in Truepower / Smartpower?

I don't think he'll decrease the price for the Wavemaster, which Antec cabinet would you recommend?

Are you buying from NP Delhi... Is that that exclusive AMD shop you talking abut... Those people give totally jack@ss prices as compared to normal NP market... I would stroly suggest not to buy from them... Try directly going to SMC International or call up IT Depot and ask for thier prices and thier vendors in Delhi... Tell them the price that AMD shop is quoting... They will help you... Also they can help you source the true power...

astrix said:
Well firstly Chaos, I really appreciate your helping this confuzzled mind :p

They did not have truepower :( What's the difference in Truepower / Smartpower?

I don't think he'll decrease the price for the Wavemaster, which Antec cabinet would you recommend?
If you really want the wavemaster, you can get it from the place I told you. Else if you want another aluminium cabby, the antec P160 is really good but i really don't care abt the looks of antec cabbies. Truepower is a better psu than smartpower... it has separate switching circuits for the 3.3,5 and 12V rails I believe.

try the antec p160... doesnt have a lot in the looks department but its solidly made with lots of room and facility for great cooling.

its around 7k as well. for 9k you can demand for a wavemaster black :p

otherwise you can go for the slk 3700 bqe , which is a steel cabby but comes with 120mm cooling , 350w smart power and around 5k maybe even less now
edit: lmao we seem to have too many cabinet gurus here who all posted about the same thing before me

Switch, this is from SMC International. The guy impressed me :p So Wavemaster for 9000 - I was about to buy that. But closing time. So I don't think I will buy that now, tomorrow.

He also said to go in for Simtronics at 2500 each (512mb DDR400). Said it's as good as Transcend, Simtronics just has a bad name because the original stuff is not generally available - this true?

bottle said:
try the antec p160... doesnt have a lot in the looks department but its solidly made with lots of room and facility for great cooling.

its around 7k as well. for 9k you can demand for a wavemaster black :p

otherwise you can go for the slk 3700 bqe , which is a steel cabby but comes with 120mm cooling , 350w smart power and around 5k maybe even less now
edit: lmao we seem to have too many cabinet gurus here who all posted about the same thing before me
Hehe the black costs the same... atleast thats what that fellow told me. But he didn't have any in stock :p

last time (more than a year ago) there was close to 1k difference.. he mentioned that he ordered 5 and didnt plan to order any more. anyway guess who was the 1st to get a wavy :p

@astrix go to the antec india website , its actually the webby for itdepot who are the official distro for antec in india. they ll be able to answer any queries on waemaster as well

edit: heres the link anyway http://www.antecindia.com/info_contact_US.html

Cyber Space Abacus Pvt. Ltd.
# 9 Sri Ram Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur Chennai TN 600041

Email: info@theitdepot.com
Phone: (044) 24917667 / 75
Fax: (044) 52154188

Last edited by a moderator:
Antec India : Distributors

NEW DELHI: S.Paul Innovations, Mr. Surmeet Bhatia, Tel: 9899890167.
SMC International, Himanshu Jain, Mob.:98100-26658 Tel.: 26293001

That's the person I talked to. Alright, so I'll ask for a Truepower 480W - and try negotiating for the Wavemaster. Else I'll buy an Antec cabbie.

Somebody please answer my Simtronics RAM question. Thanks :p

I would stronlgly suggest not to go in for the Simmtronics as they are all generic ram here at NP... Infact you can try getting a Transcend sealed pack 512 MB DDR 400 stick for Rs 3600(Thats the last i checked)... Also try calling IT Depot... I bet that even after the taxes and the courier charges you will end up paying a lot less for the cabby then what this guy is chargeing you...

Back