Compact Home theater...

Looking for a really compact home theater. with following features.
Min 4 HDMI 2.0 switchover.
5 channel +1 output.
optical in.
Min 30-40 watt per channel (all 5 at a time) sustained RMS.
Compact speakers.

or

simply an alternative to Bose cinemate 520. but better for a lesser price..
The important and very important feature should be..
"A very compact AV Receiver"

I searched like hell to get a receiver with those dimensions...
All i could find was marantz slimline.. which has features which I might never use...and also thrice the size of bose...

I searched like hell to get a receiver with those dimensions...
Err, I don't know if it's possible for your specific use-case
But assuming you are searching for a slim setup to keep the living/media room clutter free
you could also look at the option of shifting your entire gear to a different location keeping only speakers and a single IR blaster near the TV (am assuming you have spare space elsewhere and can run cables between the media room and the other location)

Its difficult to get true 30-40W RMS across 5 channels without a good quality transformer - That reason alone would make it very difficult for you to be able to get a small sized yet good quality AVR
Almost 1/2 the space inside an AVR is occupied by the power supply section

The smallest AV receiver you'll get is the Marantz NR1504. There is nothing smaller.

If you want bose, get it. However as you would already know, you are paying more for the name than anything else.

As for speakers, get any Paradigm or Def Tech or Energy Sub-Sat system.

In addition to the a.m. Marantz unit, Yamaha slimline S600, Cambridge Azur 551R can also be considered.

Speakers: if you have real space constraints, a combo of sound-bar + sub may be a better option. That would also reduce the wiring requirement.

Back