Chromecast 2 restarting automatically

I got this one ( Chromecast ) hardly a month back. It used to work flawlessly since today. Suddenly, it restarted more than 5 times in its 2-hour use today. I got fed up and stopped using it

Is it a flawed piece I got ? Should I try a return to Flipkart ? What are the procedures ?

Few suggestions -
Is the power supply to Chromecast fetched from TV or other device USB? Without adequate power I have seen my Chromecast / fire stick getting restarted. Try using the power adapter provided with it. Also, try resetting it, could resolve the issue.

OT
My problem with chrome cast 2 is that YouTube never plays on HD on my TV whereas on my mobile it has no problem with full hd with no pause .
Fyi I have a 25 Mbps cable internet .
So no problems with bandwidth I guess .

It is not just wifi that is getting disconnected. The whole screen goes blank as if the device is switched off ( maybe, it is ). I could see the boot animation when it restarts automatically within a minute

but looks easy

I just tried resetting using the hardware button. Let's see how it fares.

It is not just wifi that is getting disconnected. The whole screen goes blank as if the device is switched off ( maybe, it is ). I could see the boot animation when it restarts automatically within a minute

I just tried resetting using the hardware button. Let's see how it fares.

You need to upgrade the chromecast firmware. It is a chromecast firmware issue where it suddenly starts bombarding your router with DOS type requests and becomes unresponsive also bringing the router down.
Check the links which I posted above. Google has fixed that issue now.

where it suddenly starts bombarding your router with DOS type requests and becomes unresponsive also bringing the router down.

The screen goes blank and then Google " G " boot animation comes in a minute. No luck even after resetting using hardware button

Internet, TV and router works fine. I will check those links though. Thanks.

Change power adapter and micro sd cable. I am quite sure, it will fix the issues.

I had a Chromecast Adapter which was faulty. I used it with Jiofi (without battery) and Jiofi was restarting every few minutes. Used another charger and the problem solved.

Back