Cheap way to earn more: TataSky - Sony,Indiatoday Fiasco

My tatasky plan is for 560 and I still don't get HD channels. It is ridiculous that digitisation has given them so much power. Just 10 years ago my cable bill was Rs150.

So are our monthly incl base packs for tatsky, airtel, and etc dth operators gonna fall for good?
Or the base tariff which includes useless channels will still prevail and only the addon channels will get cheaper?
Not sure. I guess they will charge ₹130 for base pack with 100 channels. They might charge for the pay channels on a-la-carte. Are these morons still going to charge HD access fee?

https://ultra.news/t-t/42629/trai-tariff-order-discovery-cuts-channel-prices-by-up-to-90

On one hand broadcasters are reducing prices on the other hand major newspapers are saying that cable prices will go up. Vested interests at play?

I would not rush to say vested interests, but I feel that it is too early to tell. It's could be the first to the market syndrome, a print version of clickbait.

However, two things need to be addressed. Will bundling still be allowed? If yes, will the bundles be cheaper than buying an individual channel? If no, or optionally, will the more well known and sought after channels will be priced fairly or higher to compensate for the useless channels?

I would not rush to say vested interests, but I feel that it is too early to tell. It's could be the first to the market syndrome, a print version of clickbait.

However, two things need to be addressed. Will bundling still be allowed? If yes, will the bundles be cheaper than buying an individual channel? If no, or optionally, will the more well known and sought after channels will be priced fairly or higher to compensate for the useless channels?
They are offering bouquets as well as a-la-carte. Most popular HD channels including sports are priced below ₹19. The highest I found was for ETV HD at ₹40.

As long as they remove the concept of HD access fee there should be a drastic fall in subscription prices. Another question is how they handle multiple connections within the same house.

They are offering bouquets as well as a-la-carte. Most popular HD channels including sports are priced below ₹19. The highest I found was for ETV HD at ₹40.

As long as they remove the concept of HD access fee there should be a drastic fall in subscription prices. Another question is how they handle multiple connections within the same house.

I would rather keep the HD access fee and not charge extra for the HD channel. If we are paying double, then its a whammy.

As for same house, I feel that many of the multiple boxes are rarely used - I know this is true for me and colleagues.

What TRAI should do is allow us to use boxes like HDHomeRun to be used with cable card. Stop allowing operators to dictate the boxes.

And finally, stop thinking all people who pay for the service (especially multi boxes) are thieves.

Back