Change Vodafone plan from postpaid to prepaid ?

Suggest what?

Anyway, I want to do the same thing. The reception on my Vodafone number is terrible inside my house. Plus, prepaid tariffs are lower than postpaid.
I went to the store to change to prepaid, but they told me to come back on the first day of my billing cycle. They refused to take my request for conversion.
I spoke to customer care, and they said that you can migrate at any time.
I'm going to another store today, and see if they'll take the request.

They often do that, I wanted to change my dolphin postpaid to Vodafone prepaid and their customer care simply refused to do it.

I recently did the same, they asked me to clear the bill till date and not to make outgoing calls till the conversion is complete. I had to fill up the new prepaid connection form, submit new set of proofs photo etc.. and was given a new prepaid sim.

I was told it would be done in 2 days but it actually took around 7 days along with few calls to cc to get it done.

This experence will change from one Vodafone store to another, the first one I went to gave me the same biling cycle and some other BS , was somehow lucky to get that done from another vodafone store.

Most service providers do not entertain changing from post paid to prepaid but you would be welcomed if you change from prepaid to postpaid and with minimal documentation and the conversion takes place within 48hrs though they would say it would take 7 days.

Obviously, postpaid are meant to make more and consistent revenue stream for the companies. You can't enjoy the benefits of topup and all as they have knowingly made the process cumbersome.

There is absolutely no benefit of postpaid over prepaid. The ones that the sales guy must have told you were all made up to sell you the plan.
Companies have opened showrooms just to promote postpaid customers. They don't even entertain prepaid ones.

But, usually prepaid ones are smarter and don't need to take the services of these showrooms anyways.

I didn't get a chance to go to the store today. I'll pay a visit in the next few days. I need to update my address as well. The store I went to made me fill up a form, but when I spoke to customer care today, they told me that they hadn't received any address change request. I shouldn't have mentioned that I wanted to convert to prepaid, or port out before submitting the form.
Now, I want to port out of Vodafone. I've got a second number that's on Airtel, so I was thinking of porting the Vodafone number to Reliance. They have a "One India, One Rate" plan that sounds pretty good. Rs.350 for 1GB data, 700 minutes, 100 sms, and 200 roaming incoming minutes.
Their prepaid "One India, One Rate" plan is also pretty good. All calls at 35p/min. Can't find a data pack to go with it though.
Anyone here use Reliance? How's their service/network?

Back