Video CCTV setup | Suggestion | Help

Jules Goes

Disciple
Hi, I`m looking for a cctv setup for my small shop, start with just 2 cameras , hope to upgrade to two more later on. budget is Rs 6000. Is it possible ?

To put it bluntly, no.

The entry level cost for a decent camera setup - 2-3 cameras and a DVR comes to about 6-7K. Add to that wiring and HDD costs.

720p cams come for around 1.5 each. A Dvr would cost 4k ish. And if you want to record, the cost of a 1tb HDD is around 3.5k
These are mostly branded stuff like HIKvision. Unbranded might be cheaper but its a PITA. You can even check on amazon. There were some combos. That will give you an idea. Wiring and fitting is something like 1k more. Much lesser if its small area and open or plastic casing wiring.

You should however consult someone who is more experienced cause the type of camera makes some difference. Like if you need a shot thats far away then you need a bullet cam with that's above 3mm (or something, i dont know what that stands for except its something to do with the lens)

Thanks for the replies ,

Whats the basic setup of this ??
cameras
DVR
HDD
wires

anything missing ? ill try with the local shops too

Each camera costs about 1200-1500. Analog 700 TVL cameras.

A 4 channel DVR - 4K approx

HDD - 4-5K for a 1TB WD Purple HDD

Wires - 60-70 INR/ metre, inclusive of wiring, installation of camera, concealed piping to avoid rats etc. This rate is negotiable.

Video connector - Depends on the CCTV vendor - say 100/camera. Its

I would say about 10K - additionally, a TV to view.

Yes, you can. You can even do the wiring. In fact, for a small setup like yours, it would make more sense to DIY.

But, a professional CCTV installer will do the following

Inspect locations that need to be covered
Point out locations that are entry and exit points
Maximize coverage while minimizing camera numbers
Correct camera choice
Proper setting of DVR with alerts and alarms.

Also the main thing you need to know is to get a good DVR. Check if the hikvision can be attached to a router and if you can stream it to your laptop/pc/mobile

So ill try to build this in a month. Doing all the research now .

So the DVR , i think i better keep it hikvision only .
some DVR have Wifi , can we view/change setting from mobile or have to have screen ?

I have a Eureka Forbes CCTV setup .. which is basically HikVision I guess. I just connected the DVR through LAN , but not sure how & where to watch the CCTV stream..?
Any ideas?

I have a Eureka Forbes CCTV setup .. which is basically HikVision I guess. I just connected the DVR through LAN , but not sure how & where to watch the CCTV stream..?
Any ideas?

Hikvision is the ODM supplier for many of the OEMs. Try with the iVMS software and see if you can access the video.

Each camera costs about 1200-1500. Analog 700 TVL cameras.

A 4 channel DVR - 4K approx

HDD - 4-5K for a 1TB WD Purple HDD

Wires - 60-70 INR/ metre, inclusive of wiring, installation of camera, concealed piping to avoid rats etc. This rate is negotiable.

Video connector - Depends on the CCTV vendor - say 100/camera. Its

I would say about 10K - additionally, a TV to view.

That's useful info. Thanks.

Any change in pricing in last 10 months?

Please suggest brands/model/source/link for 4 channel DVR and cameras.

Last edited:
That's useful info. Thanks.

Any change in pricing in last 10 months?

Please suggest brands/model/source/link for 4 channel DVR and cameras.

Yes, the prices should have come down. I will be getting analog cameras in a few days, can get the rates.[DOUBLEPOST=1497066604][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks Vivek for the reply. is there no way to watch the stream on the internet (on a mobile device)

You can, depends on the device. If its a hikvision camera, you need to open the ports on your router and have a public IP

I had a similar requirement recently (two camera setup). I purchased the stuff and completed the installation on my own.
I dont remember the exact individual costs, but the total was 18k for the entire setup
Hikvision Dome camera x 1 (approx 1500.00)
HikvisionBullet camera x 1 (approx 1500.00)
Hikvision DVR 16 ch metal body x 1 (approx 5000.00)
Toshiba 1 TB x 1 (approx 3500.00)
LG HDMI 19" monitor x 1 (5500)
40 meters of Finolex cable (860.00)
4 Connectors (100.00)

Back