Graphic Cards Can I upgrade my Laptop's Graphics Card ?

rcrockz

Recruit
Hello,

This is my first post on TE!

I'm very impressed and I'm looking for some good answers!

Well I have a DELL INSPIRON 1525 Laptop!

It has Integrated Graphic card. I'm looking forward to Buy a Graphic card for Laptops! Is it possible?.

Actually a friend of mine has told me that its possible to Replace the graphic card since it contains Integrated Graphic card.

(it has graphic card slot or something?)

Please let me know & Recommend me VERY good graphic card.

I'm assuming its Nvidia 9800? Is anything better?

Its possible on some laptops which already come with a graphics card in the form of an MXM slot

But in your case, as everyone has stated, a graphics card cannot be added to your laptop

^^Needs a proprietary interconnect, its a PCIE extension if im not mistaken. So you cant use it on all laptops plus theyre just prototypes, i dont think any of these solutions have made it to retail

Cannot be done.. Very rarely some Laptops allow.. The Dell inspiron series.. does not have an option to let u put in a graphics card.

so..

No!

hunt3r said:
^^Needs a proprietary interconnect, its a PCIE extension if im not mistaken. So you cant use it on all laptops plus theyre just prototypes, i dont think any of these solutions have made it to retail

I was about to buy one but then changed my mind as it wasnt really worth spending 150USD on it. AFAIK they are under production but not really in demand in the market. It uses a VGA/DVI port.

^^How can it use a DVI or VGA port?

I checked it out, it connects through an expresscard slot but requires its own monitor and power supply. Does not make any sense at all

can anyone suggest if there is any external graphic card for my laptop dell inspiron 1318 and if so can u tell how much does 512mb and 1gb costs.......plz

^ there's no such thing as external graphic cards for laptops. you got to have the MXM port port on the laptop for the internal graphic card upgrade which the model you specified doesnt have(MXM slot) . so basically you're out of luck.

MXM supporting laptops are very few, and to buy compatible GFX card typically is an import.

Back