Caller ID doesn't work in cordless phones..

I find it so bad...
Why doesn't Caller ID work on Cordless phones when it works flawlessly on ordinary phones? I've checked out a new Panasonic Cordless phone (~5.8GHz) box - packed from US, and the Caller ID part just doesn't work. Maybe I missed a thing or two. I had the same problem with my older cordless phone too (RadioShack). Guess BSNL is not equipped for that?
Any suggestions? Any BSNL users got Caller-ID to work on their cordless phones?

The caller ID protocol in the US is different from the one use by the E10B exchanges in India (BSNL or Airtel)

If you want CLI to work on a CL phone, you'll need to buy an India specific CL

I have the EXACT same problem..... my dad and uncle had gone to Singapore sometime back and bought Panasonic Dual Line Cordless Caller ID phones..... They bought identical phones...

In Mysore and here, they dont work...the Caller ID i.e ......

Is it the same problem as you mentioned Czar ?? That the
The caller ID protocol in the US is different from the one use by the E10B exchanges in India (BSNL or Airtel)

If you want CLI to work on a CL phone, you'll need to buy an India specific CL
??

The Caller ID works on 2 other identical sets(identical to each other....not identical to the panasonic... the ones we bought from Bangkok is some cheap company...not any of the reputed ones ) in my house which we bought from Bangkok.....

Apparently there are multiple different protocols used for CLI which vary from country to country.

Some sets support multiple protocols, but in general, any set purchased from the US will not show CLI here

However, any set made In (or for ) India would work perfectly fine

american system works on FSK protocol

while indian system works on DTMS

any phone service centre should be able to install a mod chip on phone to get it working. the risk is that you may lose the lcd completely if the service person messes up the things.

i had got a converter for my phone which was bought in us
for got the name of the converter but had cost me around 700 bux at that time

Where did you buy the convertor ?? What is the name of that convertor ?? I mean, what does it convert???

what do I ask for in a shop ??

Nikhil said:
Where did you buy the convertor ?? What is the name of that convertor ?? I mean, what does it convert???

what do I ask for in a shop ??

heres the link to the converter not the same but does the same thing

ask at ur local electronic shop you should be able to get it there'

i had asked the shop for a caller id converter

will go and find out the price for ya tommorrow

Back