Laptops Buying lenovo z50-70 on Monday , question on swapping hdd to ssd

Hi,
I have decided to buy the lenovo z50-70 (429623) model for 40k.
I chose this because this is the only laptop that has 1080p screen within 50k and comes with decent configuration.
(Let me know if it's the best 1080p within 50k before I buy tomorrow.)
IN THE BOX
Sales Package Laptop, Battery, Adaptor and User Manuals
OVERVIEW
Brand Lenovo
Type Notebook
Series Z50
Utility Entertainment
Color Silver
Model Number 59-429623
PROCESSOR
Processor Name Core i5 (4th Generation)
Variant 4210U
Chipset HM86
Processor Brand Intel
Clock Speed 1.7 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency: 2.7 GHz)
Cache 3 MB
MEMORY
Expandable Memory 16 GB
Memory Slots 2
RAM 4 GB
STORAGE
Hard Disk Capacity 1 TB
Hardware Interface SATA
OPTICAL DISK DRIVE
Optical Drive Super Multi Tray In Drive
PLATFORM
Operating System DOS
DISPLAY
Screen Size 15 inch - 15.9 inch
Resolution 1920x1080 Pixels
Screen Type Full HD
GRAPHICS
Dedicated Graphics Memory Type DDR3
Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity 2 GB
Graphic Processor N15V - GM
KEYBOARD/INPUT
Integrated Camera Webcam
Pointer Device Touchpad
Keyboard Standard Keyboard
AUDIO
Internal Mic Yes
Speakers Yes
COMMUNICATION
Ethernet 10/100 Ethernet Port
Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth v4.0
POWER & BATTERY
Battery Backup Up to 4 Hours
PORTS/SLOTS
Mic In Yes
RJ45 LAN Yes
HDMI Port Yes
VGA Port Yes
Multi Card Slot SD Card Slot
Other Ports 1 x Headphone Out/ Microphone in Combo Jack
SECURITY
Lock Port Kensington Lock Slot
Size & Weight
Weight 2.4 Kg
Color Silver
WARRANTY DETAILS
Warranty Period 1 Year Lenovo Onsite Warranty

Now my question is , I have an OCZ Vertex 4 120gb SSD in my PC which I bought 2 years back. Can I switch the 1 tb HDD from the laptop and install the 120gb ssd and I'll have everything on my laptop that I had in my PC and laptop will be faster too?
Will it fit and perform flawlessly?
Don't really need a 1tb HDD as I have external hd. 120gb is enough.

I'm going to buy it from snapdeal for 40k which is the lowest price I could find.

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-z-series-notebook-core/1357012003

Also it has 4gb ram installed in 1 slot, and I want to install same another 4gb ram for 8gb total as I want 8gb ram. How do I buy the same 4gb ram and from where.?

Thanks in advance[DOUBLEPOST=1415512853][/DOUBLEPOST]After some discount, it's showing 38,791₹ in the cart. Should I buy it?

Last edited:
Can I switch the 1 tb HDD from the laptop and install the 120gb ssd and I'll have everything on my laptop that I had in my PC and laptop will be faster too?
Do a clean install onto the SSD.

How do I buy the same 4gb ram and from where.?
After you get the laptop, run CPU-Z. Click the memory tab and you should get some info on the existing RAM stick. Then you can buy something similar.

What u mean install ssd in a ssd? I meant just taking the 1tb out and replacing it with the ssd from my PC and start using it right away without formatting,Etc so that I can have everything in my laptop that I had on my PC.
Am I missing anything here? I also have installed win7 ultimate in my ssd and laptop doesn't come with OS.

@hotshot05 - the model I have mentioned has 1080p and that's the main reason I'm buying it.

Look, you are fundamentally confused about quite a few things.
a) You cant have two things on the laptop. Its either the SSD or the 1TB HDD.
b) What do mean by "Can I switch the 1 tb HDD from the laptop and install the 120gb ssd and I'll have everything on my laptop that I had in my PC and laptop will be faster too?"

^^ - exactly. I have all my important stuff in my PC ssd and want to take the 1tb had from laptop and replace it with the ssd from my PC.
This way, I'll have all that stuff in my laptop.
Just want to know if it will work flawlessly in the laptop.
Because formatting,etc I'll lose some stuff all the time.[DOUBLEPOST=1415598126][/DOUBLEPOST]Also my main question is will the ssd fit and perform flawlessly?

Just want to know if it will work flawlessly in the laptop.

Will it work? most probably yes. You will boot windows will detect the hardware change and will try to install the driver for new stuff. Flawless; I doubt. As already pointed out; you may run into compatibility issues.

Ok thanks guys.. I have decided to sell the 1tb internal driver from the laptop and buy a 256gb SSD and install fresh OS.
How much can I sell the 1tb HDD for and what is the best value for money cheapest and good 256gb SSD and how much is it? I don't want to spend too much.

Ok thanks guys.. I have decided to sell the 1tb internal driver from the laptop and buy a 256gb SSD and install fresh OS.
How much can I sell the 1tb HDD for and what is the best value for money cheapest and good 256gb SSD and how much is it? I don't want to spend too much.
Have you bought the laptop?
How much did it cost?

Bought laptop for 38.8k without OS , it came with dos.
Laptop is decent good and def vfm at this price .
Haven't really used it thought.
Yeah this is the cheapest full hd laptop.
How much can I sell 1tb HDD for and how much is 256gb ssd?

@GODMODE09, Does this laptop come with ODD? If yes, instead of removing the 1TB HDD and installing an SSD, why don't you remove the ODD and install an SSD using a bracket from ebay? It may require you to open up the laptop back cover to get the ODD screw out but there's nothing better than an SSD + HDD in your lappy.

What is ODD ? I have mentioned the detailed configuration in the 1st post.
Also 256gb is enough storage space for me as I have a 500gb external drive which is not even half full.
Also I want to sell the 1tb drive and need money for ssd.

Back