Buying from US - Best Deals - Discussion Thread

Newegg doesn't accept Indian CC a few months back and it looks it still does not as others are saying.

I know this thread is for US, but can any of you guys tell me whats cheap in Germany compared to India and a few german sites for great deals?

Thanks

this would be 60k all inclusive

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i mean i was about to buy a LCD for about 50-55k , then i found this 720p 3d beauty at around 60k

also it is available on amazon at the same price !

ICC world

A LITTLE over 60k if i order it via amazon and if there is no sales tax

also if i select dont know in the amazon option about sales tax (icc world )

Item price + local shipping + taxes RS. 35,998.50

Int'l Shipping RS. 14,350.00

Duty, Taxes & fees RS. 11,644.97
Discount - RS. 400
TOTAL RS. 61,593.00

Hi

I have Amazon GC for $500.

I can also give $100 GC for Amazon or Target on Pre-booking..

Anyone wanna buy it from me, pl PM.

mpaspc said:
for how much will you sell those coupons i need to buy something worth 400$ - will consider the 500$ if it is worth . maybe Target stores also have it . pm the rate for the coupons you have

do tell me their minimum redemption value too
Some details about coupons :-

1. Coupons have No expiry, No minimum purchase limit. SO you can buy something for $0.01 also.

2. GC works just like a prepaid card. SO exact amount only is debited from your amazon/target account.

3. If you had to return an item, the credit goes back to your GC

4. If your GC balance is short, you can pay balance by your CC

So if you need to buy something for $400, you can use the $500 card. Balance amount will remain with you forever till you spend it.

About charges, I will collect the Days Dollar rate as per http://www.rbi.org.in/home.aspx#.

So if Rate is 1$=Rs 51.35 upto Rs 52, you pay me @Rs 51. Thus you save some money here + CC conversion fee which will cost you atleast Rs 54 or so.

Hope this helps..

mpaspc said:
for how much will you sell those coupons i need to buy something worth 400$ - will consider the 500$ if it is worth . maybe Target stores also have it . pm the rate for the coupons you have

do tell me their minimum redemption value too
Currently I have AMazon $500 GC. If you need Target or Amazon in $100, then you have to pay me Rs 52 rate (or just round to next rupee as per RBI) as I loose due to Lower denomination GCs. I get some credits at work due to Good performance/ exceeding targets etc which I can convert to GC also. COnversion rate is low for High value cards & vice versa. So if you order a GC from me, you need to wait for atleast 5-7 business days. Amazon is quick to revert while Target takes more time.

Hope this clarifies.

Queries

If I ask my friend in US to ship me a Kindle Touch, how much would it cost me? I mean duty and shipping charges.

If a friend gifts me a amazon GC, can I use it for purchasing kindle books?

Thanks.

[font=arial, sans-serif]How much would it cost me to buy and ship a watch worth ~ $100 from Amazon US ? Or would it be better if I ask some one else in US to buy it and ship it to me ? [/font]

I have a query....

I am in US and I have a personal laptop and an official laptop with me.

I intend to buy a new laptop here and get along when i come to India. We will be two people coming back, me carrying the official laptop and my wife carrying the personal one.

Can i carry another personal laptop between us without paying customs duty ??

How can i justify not collecting the duty money for the new laptop ?

I had a query can i buy a phone from US and re claim the tax on it while coming back to india ?

I mean this is possible in Australia coz when my brother came back to india he was able to reclaim the tax (10% of the total amount)

is this possible in US as well .

I had a query can i buy a phone from US and re claim the tax on it while coming back to india ?

I mean this is possible in Australia coz when my brother came back to india he was able to reclaim the tax (10% of the total amount)

is this possible in US as well .

No, not for US. Works for UK and Australia.

Is there any good soul on the forum that can make the payment for me from the paypal account and take cash from me ?

I am stuck with less credit limit and higher ebay bid
<

Is there any good soul on the forum that can make the payment for me from the paypal account and take cash from me ?

I am stuck with less credit limit and higher ebay bid
<

How much is the payment to be done ?

I think i can help if the amount is not very high (within my credit card's credit limit) and will you be ok paying me in INR in Indian Bank account ?

Back