Buying from The IT Depot. How are they ?

I would not recommend https://www.theitdepot.com since I have a bad experience.
pros,
1. Prices are good
2. Good product range
3. Quick response and fast shipping
Cons,
For computer products any kind of day 1 problem is not covered and they will not replace your product. They will just give you the service center details and you have to do it on your own. I have purchased many items from them but the recent purchase of a AMD ryzen setup (mobo,ram, cpu) is an eye opener for me. Since I have experienced so many issues from day 1 so I wrote to them to replace my product. They told me to check your cpu go to amd for ram go to g.skill for mobo go to asus and so on.
So bottom line, if you are purchasing some low value item then it is no problem otherwise don't try to buy anything costly if you can not afford to rush to service center with a day 1 issue.

I would not recommend https://www.theitdepot.com since I have a bad experience.
pros,
1. Prices are good
2. Good product range
3. Quick response and fast shipping
Cons,
For computer products any kind of day 1 problem is not covered and they will not replace your product. They will just give you the service center details and you have to do it on your own. I have purchased many items from them but the recent purchase of a AMD ryzen setup (mobo,ram, cpu) is an eye opener for me. Since I have experienced so many issues from day 1 so I wrote to them to replace my product. They told me to check your cpu go to amd for ram go to g.skill for mobo go to asus and so on.
So bottom line, if you are purchasing some low value item then it is no problem otherwise don't try to buy anything costly if you can not afford to rush to service center with a day 1 issue.

That's more or less the scene with most sellers now as brands tie up with their own service providers who are not necessarily into retail themselves. So most retailers are precisely that - retailers. You buy from them - that's it. For service - you need to go and deal with the authorized service guys themselves directly. Even those retailer who offer to do it on your behalf do the same thing, collect the problematic part and send it to the service centers - usually provided the service centers are not too far from their own setup or if they are a big enough retailer, then some brands put in place a pickup service from these retailers. In short - they only behave as middle men. In such cases - i actually find it better to go to the ASC's directly myself rather than give it to a retailer and then chase them for follow ups because frankly they don't bother and in most cases actually delay the process because they don't immediately go to drop off your product or pick it up from the ASC's. They do it when they have enough number of items to do together or if the ASC's drop it off themselves or if it is "on the way" for them for some other tasks.

That's more or less the scene with most sellers now as brands tie up with their own service providers who are not necessarily into retail themselves. So most retailers are precisely that - retailers. You buy from them - that's it. For service - you need to go and deal with the authorized service guys themselves directly. Even those retailer who offer to do it on your behalf do the same thing, collect the problematic part and send it to the service centers - usually provided the service centers are not too far from their own setup or if they are a big enough retailer, then some brands put in place a pickup service from these retailers. In short - they only behave as middle men. In such cases - i actually find it better to go to the ASC's directly myself rather than give it to a retailer and then chase them for follow ups because frankly they don't bother and in most cases actually delay the process because they don't immediately go to drop off your product or pick it up from the ASC's. They do it when they have enough number of items to do together or if the ASC's drop it off themselves or if it is "on the way" for them for some other tasks.
It is nothing but bypassing their responsibility. However most of the Indian sellers are like this having very poor customer satisfaction orientation. Going to ASC is easy if you have one in your proximity. I don't have one. And this is how a company (e-seller) is getting bigger. Unless you provide a very good customer service it is not possible to grow. Like flipkart vs. snapdeal. Snapdeal cs is so pathetic that you can not complaint them for a problem which is not listed in their complaint management section. Happened 1 yr ago when I received a duplicate mobile battery. However flipkart replaced my few days used mobile phone when I told them it will be very difficult for me to go to a service center which is 240 km away from my location. The best customer service I have received so far is Amazon which is un-parallel. This is the reason why I always go for Amazon even the price is a bit higher. And look they are one of the worlds largest e-sellers.

Back