Buying from The IT Depot. How are they ?

Bennie

Disciple
Hi

I will be buying parts for my rig from their website and get it shipped to me.

Has anyone had a personal experience with these guys ? Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store

I must say I am impressed with the range. And their website layout is better than any other I have seen so far. No broken links. (so far)

Recommend / Not recommend ?

Your comments please :)

Maybe for some items could be ..

But I didnt see a huge difference, they are even cheaper.

For eg. i5 2400 @ SMC is 10250, while at ITDepot is 10175.

Then you get some discount also depending on how much you are spending.

The most important thing is that they provide free Transit insurance. Not sure about other companies. What if the HDD or RAM arrived in a broken/damaged condition. Piece of mind !

Otherwise can you recommend a reliable website where to order from ?

Prices might be a wee bit higher. They are based out of Madras and have a decent rep here.
AFAIK, they've even sponsored a few contests here on TE.

I did buy a corsair cx400 power supply from them they did ship on time and did mail me all the details before the shipment. I was very pleased with their service

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk

Bennie said:
Has anyone had a personal experience with these guys ? I must say I am impressed with the range. And their website layout is better than any other I have seen so far.

Which is the only reason why I chose to buy a PC accessory (< Rs. 500) through their website. I must say it was a smooth shopping experience from start to finish, although they tend to do everything meticulously (so there's the waiting time).

The product was received in good condition thanks to the excellent packaging.

Prices might be a wee bit higher.
Their prices be quite high compared to other webitess

Yep, a little pricey.

they did ship on time and did mail me all the details before the shipment.

Yes, you receive email updates regarding your order status.

Recommend / Not recommend ?

Recommended.

Does anybody know of any current ITDepot.com coupons ?

Google search didnt reveal any !

About to order some stuff from them.

harishgayatri said:
Why not purchase parts from different vendors?

you can save a lot from that.

I have tried all the ones listed in the Dealer feedback thread on TE...

None of the have everything I need. Then I have to pay for individual shipping from each ! cbf co-ordinating with different vendors. All take ages to reply to e-mails. This way I will be waiting weeks for my parts to arrive.

I might save some but lots of hassles.

If you are from chennai it's good else you will have to add courier charges to their prices. Their service is good I have bought from them in the past.

vivek.krishnan said:
Where are you located BTW?

Punjab, so will need shipping there.

cravikum said:
If you are from chennai it's good else you will have to add courier charges to their prices. Their service is good I have bought from them in the past.

Not from Chennai, but their "Rewards Points" sort of covers the shipping charges...

I got 2.5% discount off my order for ordering stuff.

*bumping old thread*

Got my last ITDepot order delivered today. One cable was missing from the order, the shipping carton had been opened at some point, one of the manufacturer cartons had been mangled and destroyed by some government official with an IQ of 2 who couldn't wrap his puny brain around opening a simple container. Obviously we know which part of the country this happened given the respect they had for a fellow citizen's purchased property.

There was extreme mishandling evident (to be fair this is because of 'un'Professional Couriers which took 6 days to deliver the consignment). The last time around, the fan models were interchanged and I swore to never order from them again.

I should have stuck to my guns, but this is really the last straw. I'm done with these goons. Prime is so much better to deal with in spite of the little extra they charge.

ITdepot prices might be on higher side for most of the stuffs but their customer service is very nice, they are polite and helpful so far. I needed fans by two days so requested them and they did sent on very next day.. not all vendors does that.. so I was very happy with the service.

Prime has been a happy hunting ground for me. I had some success with ITDepot also, but I only order from them if the item status says ready to ship, for anything else, they take too much time.

Back