Buy some device to help connect USB drives/HDMI ports etc. on back of TV.

Futureized

Skilled
I am looking for some device, which can help me connect PS3 devices or USB drives to my tv.
All ports are on back of tv and everytime I have to remove the wall mounted TV.

Looking for some easier solution for same.
I also have a hometheatre thing but its kept idle since ages.. some device can be helpful/useful.

Importantly to connect PS3 and USB drives to back of TV without removing same everytime.

get an movable wall mount for TV and attach your tv to it. to connect any device, just move your tv forward, connect the devices and move the tv back to its old place.

just search "movable tv wall mount" on google/amazon

Im not suggesting usb hub type dongle because Ive seen some tv's usb port don't really have the power to drive two or more devices

USB Male to female cord is the cheapest solution. Only problem is you can connect only one usb device to it. Some devices do not work properly and will connect & disconnect rapidly when using such cables.
Next solution is a normal usb hub. Problem is some usb powered drives won't work as mentioned since the hub will be powered from one port which gives out max 500-750mA. 2 or more devices on one hub = power divided between them.
Third solution - usb powered hub. Will work 100% of the time and allow you to connect 3 or 4 devices. Drawback is more cords hanging here and there.

Same type of devices are available for hdmi ports. Powered 3in-1out hdmi switcher with switch are available. Just hook PS3/Bluray/TV STB to the hdmi switcher. Some of them auto switch to last used hdmi port too.
If you're using analog cables - analog switches are available.

Thanks guys, I dont want a movable TV wall mount, dont want kids to play OR touch the tv, to be on safe side for them.
I saw a small device/box in some hotel visited few weeks ago.
They were able to connect few ports of tv to that box (external speakers, hdmi, usb etc.)
and on the device/box connections there were multiple ports
where they could easily connect USB drives, laptop, mobile phones etc.

Wondering what that device was, couldnt take the name or screenshot the same.

Hopefully, that kind of solution will be best for me

Back