CPU/Mobo Burn in phase ?

a certain burn-in phase is required with Antec Formula 6 and 7 thermal pastes to achieve great results. Although this is the case with most other thermal pastes, one main advantage of our pastes is that they don’t have those super dry and sticky characteristics. This is because of the small size of diamond particles, which makes conductivity so much better compared to any other thermal paste using different materials. Formula 6 and 7 provide an excellent basis for maintaining a good performance for a very long period of time. Especially when it comes to overclocking, Formula 6 and 7 will really shine!

Antec Formula 6 Nano Diamond Thermal Compound

What's Burn-in phase time for this compound ? I wish to use this with my Proccy + CM Hyper 212 Evo, and on MSI GTX 560 ti TF II too.

What do you guys recommend and please clear my doubts .. Googling didnt helped.

^^+1 to the previous post but to answer the OP's actual question i think they are referring to the time it takes for the TIM to settle in or dry up and conduct heat efficiently.AFAIK "burn in" is not a general term..i'm just telling you the meaning from the context.So my guess is as good as yours.

^^ Burn in -- cure time, same meaning also the only person on this forum who has experience with the Antec TIM is Sunny27, I've linked his review of G.Skill Sniper RAM modules, where he touches upon acquiring that TIM.

So I think that clears up the air on that one Sire, cheers!

Well, i got my Antec Formula 6 diamond compound.. I applied it on my MSI GTX 560ti. applying the compound with the given spatula isn't practical. The compound simply refuses to stick on the gpu core ( non-sticky ) , instead it got stick on plastic spatula. Finally, i gave up, and tried to apply the paste in thin horizontal lines. I had a tough time in this too, paste is quite thick in nature. I'm sure i wasn't able to apply the TIM correctly. But still i remounted heatsink above it and tightened the screws and fit it back in pci x16 slot.

When first i monitored the temp during first boot.. it was 28C ,, lol.. it impressed me as compared to previous 32C. But on load i got drop of only 1C ( previous 71C, now 70C . perhaps, this tim require 200 hrs curing time to get best results. If that doesn't work , i'll reapply the paste.

I'll post the results after 10 days. cheers.

Back