Budget 41-50k Budget Gaming Build - Suggestions and Questions

vistatech

Recruit
This will be my first build. So, I had some questions. Anyways, these are the components I have chosen for the build:-
Core i3 6100
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz
120GB SATA III SSD (PNY, Kingston or ADATA)
2TB Toshiba 7200 RPM SATA III HDD
Corsair VS550W SMPS
Antec V1 / Cooler Master Elite 311

Now, if you're looking for the GPU in the build (duh, it's a gaming build), I don't have one right now, but will add in the future since I'll be outta cash.

Anyways, these are the questions I have:-
1. I checked Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5's page and saw that among the supported Memory list, Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz wasn't there, but the list had the same config Crucial RAM. Is there gonna be any compatibility issues if I use Vengeance.
2. I am gonna be using the SSD minimally for booting the OS and running few programs like Chrome, Photoshop, etc and won't be doing any heavy file transfers on it. So, should I even consider an Nvme SSD or stick with SATA SSD given I need only fast boot times and program run times. And, Gigabyte also has a supported SSDs list on their site. Does that matter?
3. Is a 550W SMPS adequate for this build? I already tried running PSU Calculator and I added two GPUs (SLI) to the calculator and the output was 474W.
4. Which one would be better - Antec V1 or Cooler Master Elite 311 given I will be adding a Cooler preferrably, Cooler Master 212X to the build later.
5. If you guys have suggestions, like a replacement, please let me know.

What resolution are you planning to game on?
PS why are you adding gpu in sli to the calculator? Otherwise 550w should be more than enough.
In case you really want a gaming pc, I suggest you to go for an i5 6500 as it will be more future proof build unless you are on a strict budget.
For say, you can get a single 8gb stick for now, that way you can put more money on cpu and later upgrade the ram
If possible get a Seasonic S12G 550 GOLD psu since the vs series from Corsair is not that good

What resolution are you planning to game on?
PS why are you adding gpu in sli to the calculator? Otherwise 550w should be more than enough.
In case you really want a gaming pc, I suggest you to go for an i5 6500 as it will be more future proof build unless you are on a strict budget.
For say, you can get a single 8gb stick for now, that way you can put more money on cpu and later upgrade the ram
If possible get a Seasonic S12G 550 GOLD psu since the vs series from Corsair is not that good

I don't mean to do hardcore gaming. Even 1366x768 would be fine for me on High/Medium settings given the game is playable 40+FPS. With this build, I am looking more towards upgradeability and that's the reason why I added 2 GPUs while calculating PSU W and chose Z170X Gaming 5 for the board.. Anyways, now when I think about it, I should go for an i5-6500 and maybe get an 8GB Stick for now. Thanks for all the suggestions, dude. Appreciate it. Anyways, I'll see if I can get my hands on the Season CPU. Thanks again.

I don't mean to do hardcore gaming. Even 1366x768 would be fine for me on High/Medium settings given the game is playable 40+FPS. With this build, I am looking more towards upgradeability and that's the reason why I added 2 GPUs while calculating PSU W and chose Z170X Gaming 5 for the board.. Anyways, now when I think about it, I should go for an i5-6500 and maybe get an 8GB Stick for now. Thanks for all the suggestions, dude. Appreciate it. Anyways, I'll see if I can get my hands on the Season CPU. Thanks again.
If you are not going for hardcore gaming, then why are you thinking of getting 2 gpus.
Most of the games nowadays suck at sli/CF setup, so 1 gpu would be more than enough.
Also,if you accept to play at that resolution, you can be fine with getting any decent gpu GTX 1060/RX 470/RX 480(in case you change your mind to play at 1920x1080)
Also,most games nowdays are trying to get best of cpu without frying it, so a multi-core cpu like i5 will have less strain compared to i3 in the long run and you can still handle multiple tasks while gaming.
And you can easily get a seasonic psu from online mdcomputers.in, they are really good compared to vs series or corsair overall in midrange

Why going for a Z170 based mobo for i3 6100 ?

Get 8GB RAM for now. RAM prices are sky high nowadays and benefits extracted is not worth.

Do NOT go for Corsair VS series PSU. Get something from Seasonic like S12 II series.

SLI/CrossFire will have little benefit. Get most powerful GPU which you can afford.

You also need to post monitor resolution, game types you want to play, etc - these are asked in template here.

Budget -42.8K

Intel Core i5 6402P -13000,
Gigabyte B150M-D3H -7000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 2400Mhz -7000,
WD Caviar Blue 2TB -5000,
Antec VP550P -3500,
Samsung 750 Evo 120GB -3500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
Logitech MK200 -800.
Total -42,800.

Back