PC Peripherals Budget 600VA UPS?

6pack

ex-Mod
Searching for a budget 600VA or 650VA UPS for a relative. Their old APC ups button got spoilt and even the ups is acting weird lately. Plus its one of the old models in which we can't get the battery anywhere so he want to change the ups.

Searching the net, I came across APC Back UPS BX600 CI-IN and VGuard Sesto DX 600VA.
The Vguard one has inbuilt stabilizer from 140-300V and output of 230V-250V which the APC does not for some reason.
Only con I saw was the vguard ups does not emit beep when on battery.

Vguard one is costing 3k now. Seems to be in high demand. The APC one costs 2.6k. APC has lots of negative feedback.

Any other good UPS?

Edit: Forgot to mention, he will be selling his >3 yr old comp in coming months for a laptop. I think he got fed up of comp. So should I tell him to not buy ups and just buy laptop now since ups will be waste for a laptop?

Yes it is better to save the 3k bucks from ups and invest them to increase laptops budget.
Apc anyways has been getting crapper yr by yr. So Desi ones take the lead.

But how is is router /modem connected, doesnt he need uninterupted power for it.

Most of the routers now can work on 5V, so a power bank will do the trick. Optionally, getting a 12V powerbank for about 2k on Amazon.

However, if using local ISP internet, generally if the building power goes, so does the router on top....

But how is is router /modem connected, doesnt he need uninterupted power for it.

He has Inverter in home. Router has adapter which will take any surge etc and you only need to change the adapter. router is easier and cheaper to replace than comp too.

even my router is connected to non battery surge protected output of my ups. that way i can switch off comp and ups when not required (when there is too much power cuts or internet is not working from hours).

Are there any good, reasonably-priced UPSs with sine wave output? All are square-wave afaik.

Back