Budget (<30k preferably) Need Laptop

rrgud1

Recruit
Hello Techenclavers,

I am Raghu Ram from IITB.

I had an MSI laptop which died last month. For any problems, I have to send to New Delhi as the warranty period has finished. I am sure the bunch of idiots at Okhla will go for a Mobo replacement no matter what condition my lappy's Mobo is in....So, instead of sending it to ND and waste me money(already wasted 7k till now on repairs), am planning to go for a new laptop which have a service centre in my small city of Mumbai atleast.

Budget ( preferably less than 30K )
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. Medium level computational requirements (ArcGIS,ERDAS,MATLAB) and FIFA12,FM 12)
What size and weight considerations do you have? (NO CONSIDERATIONS)
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g MSI as I want a strong service centre network in major Indian cities atleast)
Any other considerations? (No need of OS and any other things, am a PhD student so money is the only consideration)

Also, I want to know what is the equivalent to an Intel core i3 in AMD? I hope AMD lappy will be a bit cheaper.

Will be very much thankful if anybody can suggest a good laptop.

Regards
Raghu

You can consider Dell Vostro 1550 or 2520 priced around 26-28K in wholesale markets with i3 2nd generation proccy (500/4). I can vouch for the build quality (personally using 1450 of the same build), spill-proof chiclet keyboard, large touchpad with multigesture, anti-glare LED Screen and non-glossy matte finish. With no OS cost and on-site Dell Warranty :)

Just a small doubt, can we play FIFA 12 with this config?

You can consider Dell Vostro 1550 or 2520 priced around 26-28K in wholesale markets with i3 2nd generation proccy (500/4). I can vouch for the build quality (personally using 1450 of the same build), spill-proof chiclet keyboard, large touchpad with multigesture, anti-glare LED Screen and non-glossy matte finish. With no OS cost and on-site Dell Warranty :)

ok.. i am not much into gaming nowerdays.... but i guess it should be playable... i have played street fighter X tekken on my 1450 which was quite smooth even though being graphically demanding ...

Just a small doubt, can we play FIFA 12 with this config?

Back