Audio Budget: ₹2K Headphones vs IEM

Ray

Disciple
I only care about sound quality, not form factor. Will only use it in my house. Don't care about comfort either. Will use it for max of 1 -1.5 Hours at a time. Don't care about inline microphones. Which will sound better: An IEM or a Headphone?

The models I had in mind for IEM is Sony XB50 and for Headphones is the Sony XB450/ Sennheiser HD 202.

I like bass but I hear a wide variety of music. I dont like headphones which sound tinny with no bass like cheap headphones.

I only care about sound quality, not form factor. Will only use it in my house. Don't care about comfort either. Will use it for max of 1 -1.5 Hours at a time. Don't care about inline microphones. Which will sound better: An IEM or a Headphone?

The models I had in mind for IEM is Sony XB50 and for Headphones is the Sony XB450/ Sennheiser HD 202.

I like bass but I hear a wide variety of music. I dont like headphones which sound tinny with no bass like cheap headphones.

jays a jays five received a massive price cut recently, they actually sold for 4.5-5.5K 3 months ago.

they were considered a good buy at that price tag, its a steal now,
https://www.headphonezone.in/products/a-jays-five?variant=43764765831

1800 for brand new white version.

I see that warranty will be handled by this site itself. How is the after sales service ?

Ran into them exactly once, brought a 2.5k microphone, package never arrived.

They took like 15 days to sort everything out, the support rep was polite and understanding and they did everything they could under their command to sort things off

Ran into them exactly once, brought a 2.5k microphone, package never arrived.

They took like 15 days to sort everything out, the support rep was polite and understanding and they did everything they could under their command to sort things off
Have you used these IEM ? How is the microphonics / cable noise ?

Nope, have not used the Jays five, neither considering buying them, most high end earphones won't have a microphone, you smartphone has one tho and it will do just fine.
Microphonics, not microphone. Microphonics = Cable noise
I just read up on it though. It is too high, which is quite evident from the heavy flat cable. I'm gonna avoid these.
I think I'll go with Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD (the 5th generation IEMs by Xiaomi)

Recently got the Zero Audio Carbon Tenores. This is an IEM with bass done right. Cable quality is poor but SQ wise it has much better fidelity than the asking price. (~2100 INR)

Back