BSNL to upgrade all Bband plans to min 2Mbps pre FUP from Oct. 512Kbps FUP unchanged

In an attempt to defend its rapidly shrinking turf in the wired broadband segment due to cut throat competition with private National and Local ISPs, State owned BSNL has today announced that it will be upgrading all existing Broadband plans for both old and new customers to minimum speed of 2Mbps pre FUP.

After the FUP quota of allotted free data is exhausted the speed will revert back to 512 Kbps like before. All upgraded plans will come into effect from 1st October 2015.

Though this is a welcomed move from BSNL it would have made the deal sweeter had the operator made the Post FUP speed a minimum of 2 Mbps. Especially for plans of flat 512 Kbps the new upgraded speed of 2Mbps for just 1GB actually seems like merely a formality for maintaining uniformity in the 2Mbps pre FUP speed initiative.

Only time will tell whether this new tactic resorted to by BSNL will work in its favour to arrest the growing rate of disconnections and surrenders and helping them add new subscribers.

What do you think of this new BSNL initiative? Would you go for these plans? Let us know your views and opinions through your comments below.

Source

I guess we should thank Bangladesh for this monumental consideration from BSNL.

1 GB ...meh

On paper stuff..
Making a fool out of s

Would be good for monthly update though ..

Download all the Google play updates, rom etc etc on first day of every month

And torrent the shit out from day 2

Last edited by a moderator:
"Acche din agaye ab".......

Now we can use huge 1gb for ultra high speed of 2mbps and then enjoy unlimited BROADBAND with 512Kbps for whole month.

lol.

Btw I like Modi but love apt use of Acche din drama.

I want bsnl to die (Because its not going to be competitive ever). I know its gonna die anyway, I just want it to be sooner.
Either their stuff must be fool to design such plans or they must fool to think their customers are more fool to like these plans.

WTH they cant match up with MTNL's revised plans. They are twice good.

I want bsnl to die (Because its not going to be competitive ever). I know its gonna die anyway, I just want it to be sooner.

Sure their plan sucks, but what about those areas/states/cities where competitive broadband plans are just not available? I remember going to a village where only BSNL is available, and no matter what pricing/speeds/fup, people there are learning stuff just because of BSNL broadband. I am from Jammu where local cable internet and only BSNL is available. None other. If BSNL dies, we are all screwed.

BSNL should come up with competitive plans for metros and tier-2 cities. Since last 5 years there has been no revision in speed. They are keep sticking to 512 kbps in even in 2015. I was at least expecting 1 mbps post fup. Heck I still remember Comcast cable internet back in 2002-2004. Even 13 years ago I had 1.5-3 Mbps connection. Babus are seriously sleeping .

Heh bsnl needs to get out of its slumber if they wish to survive. When others like Act are offering 100mbps and 2mbps post fup, these idiotic plans are laughable.

I have been hearing for so long that TRAI wants to upgrade the minimum connection speed to 2 Mb/s to call it broadband.
When is that happening, I was so hopeful in Ache Din sarkar for this step and nothing in past one year.

Sure their plan sucks, but what about those areas/states/cities where competitive broadband plans are just not available? I remember going to a village where only BSNL is available, and no matter what pricing/speeds/fup, people there are learning stuff just because of BSNL broadband. I am from Jammu where local cable internet and only BSNL is available. None other. If BSNL dies, we are all screwed.
So true.
@Harpy.eagle Guys in metros and tier 1 cities may hate BSNL all they want, but for people like me staying in small towns, BSNL is a godsend. For 1600 rs a month, I get a 4 mbps connection with FUP post 30GB limit. The only competition for BSNL in my area is ....... nothing. Not even cable net. MTS works, but the plans are way too costly.

I am kinda sure BSNL is doing this not out of ignorance. A good chance that the AVOID lobby is calling the shots by bribing the babus.

The night unlimited plans of BSNL were challenged and culled by this AVOID lobby when they complained to TRAI and cried how those plans were not 'fair'

So true.
@Harpy.eagle Guys in metros and tier 1 cities may hate BSNL all they want, but for people like me staying in small towns, BSNL is a godsend. For 1600 rs a month, I get a 4 mbps connection with FUP post 30GB limit. The only competition for BSNL in my area is ....... nothing. Not even cable net. MTS works, but the plans are way too costly.

Ok. Then let them die where options are there. Anyway bsnl itself is trying to kill themselves. Going into losses and losing customers also.

I hope reliance jio turns out to be good for those who dont have any other options.

I am gonna get their Promo plan of 8Mbps till 175GB this week. Let's hope the local guys can get that plan activated and working.

http://www.businesstoday.in/sectors...-broadband-speed-from-oct-1/story/223537.html

The only para that matters, what are these c*nts waiting for ?
Sectoral regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is also expected to soon redefine the definition of broadband speed, which is currently 512 kbps.

2d7ja7o.gif

Last edited:
From past 3~4 days my BSNL EVDO speed reduced to just 512kbps, I dont know whats wrong here as there is no news about EVDO and I used to get ~2mbps almost all time.

Back