BSNL to slash 3G internet rates by 50%

AMG

Skilled
"We estimate that 3G data rates can be reduced by at least 50 per cent compared to prevailing rates under phase 8 of our network expansion," BSNL Chairman and Managing Director Anupam Shrivastav told PTI in an interview in Barcelona.

The company at present offers 3G mobile internet at par with 2G rates of leading of telecom companies. It sells 1 GB of 3G mobile internet service for Rs 175 and 2GB for Rs 251.

"We have utilised over 90 per cent of 3G capacity. If we reduce tariff right now, there can be sudden increase in traffic and network may not be able to bear the load. Once we expand this capacity to handle adequate traffic under phase 8, we will reduce rates," Shrivastav said.

http://businesstoday.intoday.in/story/bsnl-to-slash-3g-internet-rates-by-50percent/1/216434.html

If this is true then its awesome. If the network is good I will really get a BSNL sim.
"Once we expand this capacity to handle adequate traffic under phase 8, we will reduce rates"
^i wonder when that will happen lol.

If this is true then its awesome. If the network is good I will really get a BSNL sim.
"Once we expand this capacity to handle adequate traffic under phase 8, we will reduce rates"
End of 2015 to start of 2016. Their 3G prices are already nearly 50% less than other at 155 vs 250.

bsnl 3 speeds here on my dad's postpaid is 40kb/s

no thx.

I am living in a small town using 3G prepaid sim
About the Speed its way better than I expect

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425359646462.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1425359646462.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 199
bsnl 3 speeds here on my dad's postpaid is 40kb/s

no thx.
I think its because of the location. Some of my friends who use BSNL say its the best in their areas (Bangalol and some NE areas) and that they loved the existing 3G plans. Example above^. That's fast way faster than LOLTEL 3G here which can barely load a page and you start getting good usable speed only from 1-2am till 6-7am. Rest of the time its unbelievably slow. I do it like everyday.

I am living in a small town using 3G prepaid sim
About the Speed its way better than I expect
Where do you live? That's a great speed which you are getting.

Last edited:
I think its because of the location. Some of my friends who use BSNL say its the best in their areas (Bangalol and some NE areas) and that they loved the existing 3G plans. Example above^. That's fast way faster than LOLTEL 3G here which can barely load a page and you start getting good usable speed only from 1-2am till 6-7am. Rest of the time its unbelievably slow. I do it like everyday.

Where do you live? That's a great speed which you are getting.
Really I thought its a medium speed coz I live in a small town called " GUNTAKAL " located in ANDHRA PRADESH its a very small town center point to two major cities HYD and B'LORE. in my area only three operators providing 3G services which are BSNL,AIRTEL and recently IDEA. We don't have any WiFi services so only cable BROADBAND provided by BSNL.
That's why I preferred to BSNL coz low tariffs on DATA plans. Will be more happy if they slashes on data plans[emoji1]

Anybody can point out which plan got reduced Tariff - I'm also BSNL 3G user when I'm out station.

I'm very much interested 90 Days Plan - which are

821 - 7GB
1011 - 10GB
1949 - 20GB

I found there is no change any of that. Or BSNL only reduced small plan....

Anybody can point out which plan got reduced Tariff - I'm also BSNL 3G user when I'm out station.

I'm very much interested 90 Days Plan - which are

821 - 7GB
1011 - 10GB
1949 - 20GB

I found there is no change any of that. Or BSNL only reduced small plan....
LOL they haven't reduced them yet. May take a year or two.

Back