Android Broke my Nexus 5X display. What to do ?

akskap

Disciple
Hi,

Today morning my Nexus 5X slipped off my hands and display is gone. With the visible damage I think upper half of the screen is gone and I'm not able to use phone anymore.

How much repair costs should I expect if I take it to a LG Repair Centre ? Is this something I can do myself ?

Thanks,
Akshay

Hi,

Today morning my Nexus 5X slipped off my hands and display is gone. With the visible damage I think upper half of the screen is gone and I'm not able to use phone anymore.

How much repair costs should I expect if I take it to a LG Repair Centre ? Is this something I can do myself ?

Thanks,
Akshay
Last I checked with LG SC the cost was around 7.5k, You can buy one from Ali express for around 2.5k.

Last I checked with LG SC the cost was around 7.5k, You can buy one from Ali express for around 2.5k.
Thanks for the information. A local repair shop has quoted 3.2k for the job with no warranty.
The display listed @ AliExpress is original ? If it is, then may be I could order it online and get it fixed locally.

My plan anyhow is to get the mobile running and again and get it exchanged with some ongoing offers for iPhone @ Flipkart. Although the current listing only shows a buyback price of 5.2K for Nexus 5X which I think is very less then what I should if I sell it somewhere else.

Thanks for the information. A local repair shop has quoted 3.2k for the job with no warranty.
The display listed @ AliExpress is original ? If it is, then may be I could order it online and get it fixed locally.

My plan anyhow is to get the mobile running and again and get it exchanged with some ongoing offers for iPhone @ Flipkart. Although the current listing only shows a buyback price of 5.2K for Nexus 5X which I think is very less then what I should if I sell it somewhere else.

3.2k is fine but again he will not be using the original panel from LG, They use more or less same quality what Ali express sellers sells.

5.2k is for working phone, They will not take the phone unless it's in 100% working condition.

Also getting it repaired spending 3k on it and then going for exchange is not a good idea.

3.2k is fine but again he will not be using the original panel from LG, They use more or less same quality what Ali express sellers sells.

5.2k is for working phone, They will not take the phone unless it's in 100% working condition.

Also getting it repaired spending 3k on it and then going for exchange is not a good idea.

I do agree with that, but is it even sellable with a broken screen ?

Back