PC Peripherals Brand new Epson TX121 problem - Help!

drsingh

Adept
My Epson TX 121 arrived in the mail today.I installed all the software and hooked everything up.I need to scan some documents immediately.when i open Epson scan software on the pc i get the error

'Cannot communicate with the scanner.
Make sure the scanner is on,correctly set up and connected with no errors indicated.'

I have not installed the ink cartridges.
Epson owners or printer/scanner pros kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Brand new Epson TX121 problem-Help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.Sneaky B@$7@r@$! I have to have their ink cartridges in the printer to scan anything!!!!!!!

I got the cartridges,but i wanted to install bigger cartridges without opening the vacuum seal of the free cartridges.The stupid thing is that I can't use the scanner without the ink!

Thats ridiculous. I had got Canon MP287 a few days back. It had the same issue. I had to install the cartridge for scanning too.

^ i own one.its actually very good for the price you pay.the cartridges do finish a lot faster if you have regular work,but you can easily get the refillable ink from ebay which is quite cheap.

Hi guys.just saw this thread again.

Well the black ink cartridge that came with the tx-121 is half empty! i took about 20 prints .i bought an extra black cartridge for 245 bucks from flipkart.

scanning is perfect for my use.

A lot of ink and time can be saved by using draft mode for printing.it gives light prints but usable if u just want a copy for general use.

CISS system available for 1500 bucks in tjhe market.very economical prints.All photo labs in my city use it.but it is recommended for daily use,

I use mine sparely about twice a week,so dont feel the need for a CISS right now.may get it in the future.

Highly recommended at 2900 bucks.amazing VFM!

local dealer gave me a lowest quote of 3400 bucks with bargaining,so flipkart price is a steal!

Does this printer require all cartridges to have ink to print just B&W or does it just requires them to be installed (other cartridges may be empty)??

I am considering to buy Epson TX121 with CISS or refillable cartridge. One more question, does anybody know if i can refill the CISS/refillable cartridge myself.

Thanks in advance!!

Shashank

I need help again! This time the paper feed mechanism has jammed..The paper gets pulled in from the intake roller side! how to troubleshoot? any links or pointers would be helpful! Google has been surprisingly unhelpful!!Thanks!Is it safe to open up the screws and look at the feed assembly more closely?

Back