Bought Daikin FTKP50PRV16 from flipkart , does it require a stablizer?

Arjun

Skilled
Daikin FTKP50PRV16

Daikin claims that this model is stabilizer free, already the installation cost is very high for these ACs should i buy a stablizer for this ?

If your area suffers from wide voltage fluctuations, it is sensible to invest in a good stabilizer. No doubts there.

BTW, got my Daikin 1 tonne inverter installed today. :)

Yes, it's wise to invest in a stabilizer, than to be sorry later.

Have the same AC with stabilizer installed from company personnel themselves. Bought locally instead of Flipkart.

Search for sollatek voltage guards - If you don't need voltage step-up/down , you are better off with their power monitors that simply monitor voltage/frequency/spikes and cut off the power if outside tolerance limits
Cheaper, more efficient and better protection than stabilizers

Is this price ok for sollatek ? http://www.flipkart.com/sollatek-a-c-guard-voltage-stabilizer/p/itmdk6rysgaujbwh[DOUBLEPOST=1429626168][/DOUBLEPOST]
If your area suffers from wide voltage fluctuations, it is sensible to invest in a good stabilizer. No doubts there.

BTW, got my Daikin 1 tonne inverter installed today. :)
My daikin was delivered just now, any tips for installation ? it uses R32 which i read requires smaller size pipes compared to other refrigerants & R32 complaint vacuum pumps etc.

Last edited:
My daikin was delivered just now, any tips for installation ? it uses R32 which i read requires smaller size pipes compared to other refrigerants & R32 complaint vacuum pumps etc
No idea bro. It was installed in my hometown. I was not there when it was done. I bought it offline, not from FK. Dealer arranged for installation and stuff.

I had the same query, with even Daikin dealers saying such stabiliser free claims 'do not apply to India'. They do have a point in that it's cheaper to replace a stabiliser than a fried PCB, but the whole point of an Inverter AC is efficiency and as vijaycool had demonstrated, stabilisers can have huge losses.

Spoke to the local representative for Daikin and the official stand is that you do not need a stabiliser.

Back