Borderlands 2 -Discussion Thread

Looking forward to Borderlands 2. Rage seems quite similar to Borderlands in many ways.

I played Borderlands (plus the DLCs) in SP mode. I did try MP (for about 30 minutes total) but I didn't have any fun TBH. The idea of "sharing loot" just didn't appeal to me. Its mine all mine!! :p

First details about the game revealed:

- Co-op will probably be 4 players

- Vehicles will have variety

- One vehicle: Bandit Technical

- One vehicle will have four seats

- Eridium – enhance weapons

- Eridium is a form of currency

- Salvador: Gunzerker, can dual-wield with any weapon

- Vault Hunters from the first game will be NPCs

- Bandits can access their own type of weaponry

- Unique styling, color, personality for each manufacturer

- Custom decals/enhancements for weapons

- More responsive enemies, more varied, better AI, improvement so that they interact with each other better

- NPCs will also be improved, will move around more

- Interacting dialogue for players

- Skill tree will be similar to the first game (3 branch system)

- Claptrap seems to be returning

- Apparently there won’t be any old weapons

- Story missions won’t be static

- Some pickups will provide temporary buffs

Source: Game Everything

There are plenty of folks on Digit's board Quan Chi. I suggest, you guys form a group and have a go at it. If you need help in getting the co-op aspect working, let me know, I'll help you out. :)

New screenshots:

56259057.jpg

84032634.jpg

18842726.jpg

66695731.jpg

c1ptk.jpg

Tell that to this site: New Borderlands 2 screenshots released | GamersMint :p

EDIT:

2K Games will be broadcasting a demo of Borderlands 2 live from gamescom on the 19th August at 8am PT/5pm CET/4pm BST.

Taking place on the 2K Games stream, it will be the first chance to see Borderlands 2 in action following the Game Informer reveal earlier this month.

Fan questions will also be taken throughout the presentation, which you can send to @2KGames or @GearboxSoftware, or post on the 2K Forums and the Gearbox Forums for a chance to win a Borderlands 2 swag bag. Hopefully you’ll find some purples inside!

Source: Beefjack

Not a console port this time !!

“The other big area is user interface,” Cooke continued. “We had a ton of fans who played the game on PC, but they honestly got a port of the console game. We heard a lot of fans say, ‘Hey, you didn’t really take care of us here.’ So, we completely ripped out the UI — there’s a completely new UI for PC, it’s mouse-driven, supports drag and drop, all of the things that you would expect in a PC title. It’ll be a lot more fun for people.”

Full interview here

Borderlands 2 Dev Talks New Art, Improved AI, And Why PC Gamers Won’t Get A Port This Time Around | Kotaku Australia

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETC-RRRc9xw&feature=g-user-u&context=G29ae3ccUCGXQYbcTJ33ZHvVOLwytrekeRlFQJvgT5IzBAGT75Jlk[/media]

Oh man this title would be epic in co-op. Very unfortunate this is going to be a single player attempt from my end.
<

Back