blocked by OLA

jammy420

Adept
Hey guys,

I have been blocked by OLA. None of the logins are working on my phone. And my login is not working on other phones… I have contacted OLA support. They say I have been locked permanently. And they don’t even say the reason.

Have any of you faced similar situation?

Yes i faced it. I bought an used mobile and always had problems registering on ola as it kept giving execuses or errors. Finally thought that the previous owner might have misused ola services hence they Blacklisted this imei no. I gave up with no regrets nor ever bothered to call cc
as ola is anyways costly than uber.
Using uber since 2.5 yrs and just 2 days ago tried registering on ola again and it worked this time.
Seems they ban for an yr or two. At least that was in my case.

Hey guys,

I have been blocked by OLA. None of the logins are working on my phone. And my login is not working on other phones… I have contacted OLA support. They say I have been locked permanently. And they don’t even say the reason.

Have any of you faced similar situation?
So are your phones news or second hand and is there anything you think you may have done to make them block you

I tried to make Ola app dual app... But I am not sure if this is the issue... For months I had been using it as dual app. Once I deleted the dual app for some reason and I tried to make it again dual app . Now both my sim accounts are blocked and I don't have Uber in my place

I was a in similar situation before except it was Uber. Uber banned me when I was trying to integrate my PayTM account. That ban was most likely based on IMEI/Phone number combination as my other SIM was also banned. Tried contacting customer support multiple times only to get a scripted response that it was an automated system and they cannot do anything about it. I gave up for an year but recently stumbled upon a a forum post that Uber Twitter is much better at resolving these types of issues. Sent them a DM and they un-banned me saying it was a mistake from their side.

I tried to make Ola app dual app... But I am not sure if this is the issue... For months I had been using it as dual app. Once I deleted the dual app for some reason and I tried to make it again dual app . Now both my sim accounts are blocked and I don't have Uber in my place
Am not familiar with dual app, i see there is an app in the playstore that allows to do this

Why did you use it with OLA ? what advantages do you get with making ola a dual app

If you have more than one account just switch within the app i thought. I only have one account anyway

Am not familiar with dual app, i see there is an app in the playstore that allows to do this

Why did you use it with OLA ? what advantages do you get with making ola a dual app

If you have more than one account just switch within the app i thought. I only have one account anyway
MI phones allow it to do. I did not use a special app for it
I think when they assign coupons I can use it twice.... dual app because, no hassles of logging out and logging in

Its because people abuse discount coupons by swapping multiple SIMs to get cheap rides.
I guess they keep track of mobile numbers per IMEI and apply ban hammer periodically. As dual-sim,dual-account user you may have inadvertently triggered their abuse policy.

Having two accounts is not a violation to my knowledge - I too had them - one for personal, one for company rides which I needed to reimburse later, plus I availed of the freebies as well, just one time. They were obviously not on the same device. Even if on the same device, that too would not trigger a ban. However, misusing for coupons and free rides will trigger the ban for sure.

Back