Black Mesa - Discussion Thread

eatpepsi

Disciple
The original Half Life is often called the best PC FPS game ever, and many agree. Valve released a direct sequel called Half Life 2 in 2004 using the brilliant "Source" technology, and since then fans have been thirsting for a new/revised version of the original using the new engine. Valve as a developer had to move on to other ventures, so a few fans decided to take matters into their own hands and remake the cult classic, and decided to call it Black Mesa. The game has been in the making for some time now; finally, a full trailer has been released. Trust me, you won't want to miss this. 2009 just got better.
Viddler.com - Black Mesa Source - Uploaded by Joystiq

Had never played the original version, and the old graphics were putting me off. Now this is like godsend for all those who missed the chance to play the original!

wow thats just uber awesome been wating for this a long time atlast but still 2009 is a mont away a pretty rad acheivement for a mod :awesome:

go "team black mesa " :eek:hyeah:

memories of HL1 just cant be matched by current games ...hopefully this newer iteration enhances those memories..........

Black Mesa delayed to 2010

Hello Black Mesa fans!

We come to you once again with an update. It's now the end of 2009, and we know many of you have literally counted the days down until this fateful month. We are floored by the level of support you have given us and are very excited we're so close to reaching our goal.

Unfortunately, to our great disappointment, Black Mesa will not make a 2009 release.

Cynics may now rejoice, bets may be collected, and I think a mod team member has to eat his shoe, but we hope our loyal fans will forgive us and realize that the delay will translate into a better final product that's (hopefully) more easily available to everyone.

Once again we apologize for what has to be very disappointing news. We placed a 2009 deadline on ourselves to motivate us and bring this 6 year project to a close. And while we didn't quite make it, we have come very close, and you can expect a complete, polished game to hit your hard drives in the near future. We'll be sure and update if anything changes. Until then, hang tight, it's coming!

Black Mesa 2009 Update - Black Mesa: Community Forums

Re: Black Mesa delayed to 2010

spindoctor said:
here are the scans of the article -

imgur | Strelok's Photo Albums

not sure if linking to scans is against techenclave posting rules though. if it is, can a mod please delete the link. thanks.

Thanks for the scans. :clap:

Shouldnt be any problem with the scans as this is an Australian mag and the editer himself posted in black mesa forums that non Australians are welcome to scan and upload the pages and he himself will post high quality pdfs in a few weeks.

Re: Black Mesa delayed to 2010

The photos in the scans look awesome.:O Let's hope the developers improve the AI and toughness of marines in this one. The Combines are way too soft.:p
Ready to get scared by the ichthyosaur in the water levels.

Lol mine too i havent played the original half life yet :p

but on the slightly down side the game will not be full
that is the zen levels and Black mesa death match wont be ready

dont forget to vote for black meas in steam greenlight to get it in steam. its at 26% now.

Edit-- game is still incomplete- its only till lambda core chapter. Still more than what I was expecting. Hope they release the rest of the game at somepoint.

Edit2- checked their forums. They are saying zen levels will be released at a later dat as an update, but who knows when considering the time i took them to release this.

Back