Car & Bike Bike suggestion!! Pulsar 220 or Yamaha R15?

Hi TE,

Thinking of getting a new bike but confused between Pulsar 220 and Yamaha R15 :S , test drive done of R15 was great :) Pulsar 220 still need to do, guys i asked around and some guys said R15 doesn't have good road grip and comfort compare to pulsar 220 and some says R15 have much better road grip than Pulsar so now confused and ya while R15s test drive i really enjoyed the ride i mean in rough road on damage roads R15 was really smooth also in high speed like around 50Km/h but ya R15 have very thin tire compare to pulsar 220 but ppl says R15 got small tire size which is good, :S:S

So guys what your all say? R15 or Pulsar 220 ?

Post and poll your comments :)

and ya what i need in my bike is:-

1st Comfort.

2nd should have excellent road grip.

3rd looks

4th less maintenance.

then comes mileage and power.....as far as power is consult these both got good power just the cc in little more in pulsar but 150cc with fuel injection is enough for daily ride and occasionally racing ...:)(i don't race daily... :p)

If you have the budget for the R15, go for it !! The road grip is excellent thanks to the compound the tyre is made of. The ride is indeed comfortable just that you need some time to adjust to the riding position. But in terms of maintenance, the Pulsar may be lower overall as the price of parts would be lower.

R15 is more of a track racer and P220 is a tourer bike.
Comfort : P220
Road grip : R15 ( due to excellent chassis, and rubber)
Looks : Subjective
Maintenance : R15 less frequent but way costlier if something goes wrong.
Average : largely depends on your riding style
Power : P220 has better low end torque, which matters in city.

Either way . you won't go wrong.
In case of R15, just make sure you are comfy with sporty riding style.

From my experience, i will suggest you to go with Pulsar 220 for daily use as it has better low end power and also comfortable in the horrible bangalore traffic condition.However, its better to have a test ride of both the bikes and then decide which one suites you better. what about your college? I think the seat selection process is over.

Freaky said:
If you have the budget for the R15, go for it !! The road grip is excellent thanks to the compound the tyre is made of. The ride is indeed comfortable just that you need some time to adjust to the riding position. But in terms of maintenance, the Pulsar may be lower overall as the price of parts would be lower.

Ya have the budget of R15, but still need more reviews from TE and around. Thanks for your post, understood and got your point :)
geek ashish said:
R15 is more of a track racer and P220 is a tourer bike.

Comfort : P220

Road grip : R15 ( due to excellent chassis, and rubber)

Looks : Subjective

Maintenance : R15 less frequent but way costlier if something goes wrong.

Average : largely depends on your riding style

Power : P220 has better low end torque, which matters in city.

Either way . you won't go wrong.

In case of R15, just make sure you are comfy with sporty riding style.
Got your point too mate :) Thanks for your post.

GuruGulabKhatri said:
Whatever i have heard p220 lacks the Scaled-Down Sportsbike feel Which the Y15 Boasts.

Hmmmm thinking
RS4 said:
From my experience, i will suggest you to go with Pulsar 220 for daily use as it has better low end power and also comfortable in the horrible bangalore traffic condition.However, its better to have a test ride of both the bikes and then decide which one suites you better. what about your college? I think the seat selection process is over.

Ya P220 looks more like daily use bike and also have little high performance than R15..got your point too mate and ya really need to have test ride of P220 also and about college 2nd counciling is still gonna held i.e on date is around 20th or 21st, will go for BIT or MVIT (Mech .Engg)

@ TE guys still i am little confused on P220 and R15, the poll graph also is very close i.e R15 got 5 votes and P220 is 4 :(

just keep on posting. :)

220 is a real tourer, choose it if you are into touring. R15 awesome for street biking. Looks wise I would say R15 being stylish and 220 being macho. :)

I rode 220 into the himalayas, and seen two R15 give up miserably.

But in case you not be going cross-country or high up, R15 is better in the city (also I feel road grip is better), and its less heavier too.

^^lolz.. if u keep on depending on the poll graphs for buying ur things, it will be a nightmare.. test ride both.. and then decide.. it will the best option.. :)

kauzy said:
^^lolz.. if u keep on depending on the poll graphs for buying ur things, it will be a nightmare.. test drive both.. and then decide.. it will the best option.. :)
Ya test drive is the best option for these things and have done for R15 and soon will be doing of P220(not getting time of going to Bajaj showroom) but still want views from current riders :)

If you hav the budget and if you are comfortable with the positioning of the R15 then go for it......

handling wise R15 is much more stable and fun to ride as compared to P220...

nothing much to say about pulsar go with yamaha, better one if i have to choose, reason are many, goolge it & please help yourself after all its your money go with your instincts, for some the former is good & for some the later.

R15, all the way ! I own one and can really vouch for its road grip and stability. You'll need some time to get adjusted with its seating posture, but then that doesn't make it uncomfortable in any way.

If you need good low end torque and do city riding mostly, then you may go with the P220, although R15 doesn't fare bad in city riding in any way.

Okay, here is the deal.

I am not biasing my review just cause I own R15.

I would suggest R15 over pular for these reason

1) The bike is really powerful and light. Its at 130 kgs when P220 is somewhere in the 150's

2) Once the bike opens up, which the test ride wont even come close to, you will not want to ride any other bike.

3) The kind of handle and the placement gives you maximum grip on the road, flicking and turning would be just something you cant even think of doing on any other vehicle. Just for example, I was told by my friend that the way I turned was completely insane and they felt I was gonna fall but I didnt even feel like stumbling.

4) The engine and everything is rock stable. Did 136 but it barely felt like I was shaking or something.

5) The bike is revvy, much revvy. Means I took the bike to 10k rpm on 3rd and it wasnt even making any signs of discomfort

6) Lastly the Ooooh factor. I have seen people continously looking at my R15 (Maybe cause its white) and when i stop at signals or petrol pumps, I sometimes get keen people asking for the CC, Price and mileage but I have never seen such things happen to any P220.

So invest your money right, I would say get R15

1st Comfort. : P220

2nd should have excellent road grip. : R15

3rd looks : I like R15 :)

4th less maintenance: R15

Again you can consider going for ZMR. Well it might be less powered, but it scores on all the 4point's you made.

I personally feel, you should go with R15..

Factors are well stated by SMD and ultimabasher.

ultimabasher said:
6) Lastly the Ooooh factor. I have seen people continously looking at my R15 (Maybe cause its white) and when i stop at signals or petrol pumps, I sometimes get keen people asking for the CC, Price and mileage but I have never seen such things happen to any P220.

So invest your money right, I would say get R15
Same things happens to me :bleh: Proud to be an R15 owner ;)

Really Thanks guys for the comments :)

100000% going for R15 :eek:hyeah:

Had test ride of P220 its nothing compare to R15

1.Comfort - R15 yes it has comfort but you need to adjust your self for 1st 2-3 rides

2.Road grip and road comfort - R15 straight away beats P220 in road grip. ppl says P220 got thick tires so it has better grip than R15:bleh: Yamaha R15 got so thin tires and it have much much better grip than P220 though size matters. while R15's test ride i passed few rough surface at 70 km/h and i didn't feel a single shaking of my body:hap5: the suspension system was working like cham i guess :bleh: but while P220's test ride their was nothing like R15 comfort, at 70 km/h P220 shaked me well on rough surface :mad:

3. Looks- Simply awesome compare to all bikes in this budget.:)

4. The Engine and Yamaha Engineering- guys the more i do a ride on R15 the more i becoming fan of it, :eek:hyeah: the Yamaha Fuel Injection technologie is really really awesome :eek:hyeah: in every transmission shift it gives a different speed boost can say like turbo charged engine LOL...oooo guys i am simply loving this bike:hap2:

and this pulsar name and bike is very common everywhere in this country everywhere pulsar pulsar pulsar pulsar :mad:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and ya somebody suggest for the new ZMR, but i don't like it , looks is not so good, it doesn't even have self on/off switch :mad: ya it got 225CC engine but 17 or 16 bhp :S the P220 engine got 21bhp.

and the ZRM's style is little confusing to me whether its racing style or normal:S i simply don't like that bike and its new so not much reviews on it, all the way to R15 :)

Back