BIGFLIX is back to take on NetFlix and Prime; Starts at Rs50/month

swatkats

Skilled

Anil Ambani-led Reliance Entertainment today announced the launch of on-demand movie platform 'BIGFLIX' which will regale the audience in a nine different languages in India and global markets. The BIGFLIX service is priced at Rs 50 for unlimited viewing per month. With this launch, company aims to put an end to piracy and poor quality film viewing.

The new BIGFLIX will have the pool of 2000 HD movies in nine Indian languages to start with, including Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Malayalam, Gujarati, Marathi, Bhojpuri and Bengali.

The technology behind BIGFLIX will enable a user to have a personalised theatre experience wherein there will be no advertisements during streaming and as well as on the download movies. Users can stream and download the movies on any Internet-connected device including personal computers, tablets, smartphones, smart TVs and game consoles. Moreover, this technology will also allow users to switch devices like a smartphone to tablet to television and back, in the middle of a film.

BIGFLIX claims to be one of the world's largest SVOD provider with over 3.9 million registered users and offers video content in categories such as feature films, short films, devotional, and movie trailers.

Commenting on the launch, Shibasish Sarkar, chief operating officer, Reliance Entertainment, said, "Indians are moving to digital entertainment in a big way with consumption growing on daily basis. Notably, BIGFLIX will fill in the void created by the decline of the home video market by digitally delivering movies."

"Globally the demand for video content has risen steeply, and the digital platform is witnessing a wider audience everywhere, including India. BIGFLIX will provide high-quality video content from some of the biggest banners including Dharma, Disney, Viacom, Phantom, Telegu One and Rajshri, among others", Amit Khanduja, CEO, Reliance Entertainment-Digital, further added.

Source: http://www.themobileindian.com/news...es-bigflix-services-for-rs-50-per-month-17526

Last edited:
Rivals...

NetFlix - Rs 500/Month :fearscream:
Prime - Rs.499 per year. :yum:
Hotstar - Rs.199 per month. :wink:
Eros Now - Rs 99 per month. :neutral:

Also in the above pic, BigFlix Per year charges are way too high probably for International market.

Why the discrepancy between monthly and yearly rates? Why would anyone go for yearly then?

50 bucks is way too cheap. If this works out then it would be awesome.

I've bought 2-3 DVD sets from Amazon made by Reliance Digital. Quality was absolute crap. I saw interlaced video on a video showing up as 726p and having 50fps. Other video had a totally bluish tint to it. Some videos were burnt using Windows software. After this I stopped buying any DVDs with mastered by Reliance written on them.

I've bought 2-3 DVD sets from Amazon made by Reliance Digital. Quality was absolute crap. I saw interlaced video on a video showing up as 726p and having 50fps. Other video had a totally bluish tint to it. Some videos were burnt using Windows software. After this I stopped buying any DVDs with mastered by Reliance written on them.
good to see Im not alone in going through that torture.

Indian companies don't give a F. I tried yupp tv for a month and the quality of live channels is horrible. It was like looking at channels through a smudged telescope in a dark room

Back