Audio Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 ohm Headphone without amp, worth it?

raman07

Disciple
Hi, I am looking to buy my first headphones. I researched a lot and thinking to buy DT-770 Pro 250 ohm version. But i am not sure weather 250 ohm headphones will work with my asrock z77 extreme4 (ALC898 onboard audio chip). I really do not want to buy amp. I want to also use headphones with my nexus5. Will i be able to use them with phone?

Can someone explain headphone impedance importance and how it works in easy language? I read about impedance on google but i am not intelligent enough to understand it.

Does amp only make sound high or it improve the overall sound quality?

i received my DT-770 Pro 80 ohm just today, after listening i think they are ok but to get what i want i they do need an amp 250ohm will also need an amp most probably

I have read many review about headphones and every one is telling that 30-100 ohm work fine with pc and mobile phone. 250 ohm also work with pc and mobile but could be low in sound.

So which headphone are you going to buy after returning them? 32 ohm version of dt770 pro?

I have read many review about headphones and every one is telling that 30-100 ohm work fine with pc and mobile phone. 250 ohm also work with pc and mobile but could be low in sound.

So which headphone are you going to buy after returning them? 32 ohm version of dt770 pro?
no, i was thinking of getting v-moda m 100 before i got dt's, i wanted punchy bass i listen to EDM, and i loved beats studio's bass.
everyone in the audiophile community hates beats but there bass is very good, i wanted something with bass quality as beats and not killing other sounds.

if you like listening to music at high volume and bass dt's without an amp won't work.

okay when you get them, review them against dt770 80 version.
v-moda is out of my budget and i need headphone for watching english movie, and tut and less for song. So i perfer details over bass.

okay when you get them, review them against dt770 80 version.
v-moda is out of my budget and i need headphone for watching english movie, and tut and less for song. So i perfer details over bass.
detailing is good in dt's, you can hear the sounds clearly if that's what you want

Hi, I am looking to buy my first headphones. I researched a lot and thinking to buy DT-770 Pro 250 ohm version. But i am not sure weather 250 ohm headphones will work with my asrock z77 extreme4 (ALC898 onboard audio chip). I really do not want to buy amp. I want to also use headphones with my nexus5. Will i be able to use them with phone?

Can someone explain headphone impedance importance and how it works in easy language? I read about impedance on google but i am not intelligent enough to understand it.

Does amp only make sound high or it improve the overall sound quality?

I own a Dt770 (32ohm version). To be fair, even that requires an amplifier to shine. I'd imagine that the 250ohm will definitely need an amplifier. The on board sound generally creates noises. I'd suggest that you at least buy a relatively cheaper USB DAC + Amplifier. You'll get it for around 4k. Your phone will definitely not be able to drive a 250ohm can. Better get the 32ohm version of 770 if you want to run it on your phone as well.
An amplifier alone does not improve the sound quality but amplifies the sound i.e headphones will have a higher ceiling in terms of its loudness. It's the DAC that improves the sound quality

Back